28970The Supposed "Attack" on Mr. Robert Crosbie

  • danielhcaldwell
    Dec 17, 2005
      The Supposed "Attack" on Mr. Robert Crosbie

      Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005

      Dear ------------,

      When you write that I have attack Mr. Crosbie, I
      assume that you refer to the article at:

      http://blavatskyarchives.com/crosbierobertespledge.htm

      If this is what you are referring to, WHAT in
      the article actually constitutes an "attack"
      (your favorite word it appears!) on Mr. Crosbie?

      First of all, are there any MISSTATEMENTS about
      Mr. Crosbie in the article? Are there any inaccuracies?
      If so, what are the REAL facts? Please
      provide us with the "corrections."

      Secondly, I assume you do NOT like us actually
      posing the question:

      "Did Robert Crosbie Break the Seventh Clause of
      His Solemn Pledge as a Member of the Esoteric School?"

      I assume that you and Mr. Aveline "bristle" at us
      even asking the question!!

      But I will say that the question is a honest one
      and in light of the facts STATED in the article it
      has occurred to more than one student. I have
      even received inquiries years ago about this.

      At least on my part, if I have asked similar HARD
      questions about the claims of Mr. Leadbeater, Mrs.
      Besant, Mrs. Bailey, the speculations of Mr. Johnson, etc. ,
      etc., I see no good reason why one cannot ask
      that question about Mr. Crosbie or similar questions
      about claims concerning Mr. Crosbie made by ULT writers.

      In the article we quote Theosophy magazine writers
      who assert Mrs. Besant broke her seventh pledge. One
      might ask if that was an "attack" on Mrs. Besant?
      Dedicated followers of Mrs. Besant would, no doubt,
      consider it such an attack.

      But I ask: is it "unfair" or to be considered "an attack"
      in light of what was actually stated in the article, to
      ask the same relevant question about Mr. Crosbie?

      Notice we did NOT answer the basic question and even
      posed the question:

      "Did Mr. Crosbie believe and claim that he was in contact
      with the dead Blavatsky, the deceased Judge and the Mahatmas
      receiving their permission to start the Dzyan Esoteric School
      and reissue H.P.B.'s esoteric instructions, etc. in 1909?"

      If Mr. Crosbie believed he was in such contact, then he
      would not have necessarily broke his pledge by reissuing
      the E.S. Instructions.

      Apparently Mrs. Besant believed she was in contact with
      the dead HPB for she writes in the SD III, page 434 about
      HPB's esoteric instructions:

      "....they are published with her consent."

      So IF Mrs. Besant BELIEVED she was in contact with the
      dead HPB and that HPB had given her consent, then did
      Mrs. Besant actually break her pledge?

      As far as I can tell, the writers in Theosophy magazine
      did NOT bring up THAT particular point but merely stated
      Mrs. Besant had broken her pledge, etc.

      The questions asked in the article under question were
      asked in all honesty and sincerity and if that is
      considered "attacking" then so be it.

      Paul Johnson also believed I was attacking him when
      I asked hard questions, etc. in my pamphlet HOUSE OF
      CARDS about some of his assertions and speculations.

      Then you write that we did not include "the view" from
      the ULT.

      The gist of this Crosbie article was published several
      years ago by David Green and he asked for input and the
      view of the ULT from a number of ULT students. To this
      date,no student has come forth and presented "the view
      of the ULT" --- at least has NOT presented any relevant
      historical information that would answer the question
      which is the title of the article.

      So if YOU would like to throw more light on the subject
      by giving the ULT view and HISTORICAL FACTS that will
      give readers of that article further answers
      and insights, then I ask you to write something and
      we will be more than happy and willing to append your
      comments to the said article and circulate both the
      original article and your additional comments to our
      readership. But hopefully what you give about "the
      ULT view" will be more than vague assertions such as
      you apparently gave one time about the D.E.S. in emails
      to Dr. Gregory Tillett. Hopefully your comments will actually
      help to answer the question rather than obscuring it further.

      So give the true facts....