2314RE: Robert Crosbie's 1907 opinion of Katherine Tingley

    Aug 13, 2001
      Monday, August 13, 2001

      Dear Dan:

      The passage quoted from Mr. Crosbie is (as far as I have been
      able to determine) alone.

      I have not come across others in which he refers to this affair.

      As to his earlier words, letters, etc, I would hazard a guess,
      that while a member of the Point Loma THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY (and
      not in close touch with Mrs. T. until he was asked to come there)
      I have to assume that they were said in all honesty at the time
      they were produced.

      If later some emergent evidence made a difference to an earlier
      view, then I would in turn suggest that he expressed an honest
      expression of difference. Something made a change. I think we
      all have had analogous experiences in our lives.

      Best wishes,

      Dallas