2299"Contrast alone can enable us to appreciate things at their right value."

  • Blavatsky Archives
    Aug 11, 2001
      For many years in my own study and research into both
      Theosophical history and philosophy [as well as in the
      publishing of material (pro, con and neutral) at
      Blavatsky Archives ( http://www.blavatskyarchives.com/
      )], one of my guiding principles has been the
      following as found in the words of H.P. Blavatsky. I
      see that Katinka Hesselink has now quoted this excerpt
      from HPB on her website at:
      http://www.geocities.com/ondkh/his/index.htm

      HPB's words are:

      "In common with most of the periodicals we remind our
      readers in every number of The Theosophist that its
      'editors disclaim responsibility for opinions
      expressed by contributors,' with some of which they
      (we) do not agree.

      "... Alive to the truism that every path may
      eventually lead to the highway as every river to the
      ocean, we never reject a contribution simply because
      we do not believe in the subject it treats upon, or
      disagree with its conclusions. Contrast alone can
      enable us to appreciate things at their right value;
      and unless a judge compares notes and hears both sides
      he can hardly come to a correct decision." C.W. III,
      p. 224-226.

      =====
      Daniel H. Caldwell
      info@...
      BLAVATSKY ARCHIVES
      http://blavatskyarchives.com
      You can always access BLAVATSKY ARCHIVES
      by simply typing into the URL address bar
      the following 6 characters: hpb.cc

      http://im.yahoo.com/