11876Re: Theos-World Dallas TenBroeck on the ORIGINALS of Blavatsky's Writings

  • wry
    May 3, 2003
      Re the brief section of Daniel's message quoted below: I am not
      knowledgeable on the subject of different editions of Madame Blavatsky's
      writings, but I do have an important comment to make.

      Some people may not realize that one of the common devices used by spiritual
      writers, both ancient and modern, is to convey hidden information by page
      and verse numbering (and also by the use of dates, etc.) Sometimes this
      page, chapter and verse numbering is used in clever ways to refer to
      material concerning the structure of the universe and is given in the form
      of numerology, but often, this device is used, in combination with other
      devices, to cross reference to other material within the same text or even
      in other texts sometimes even texts written by other authors. There is no
      limit, except the boundaries of human imagination and ingenuity, to the
      clever variations that can be used to convey hidden information. This can go
      as far as deliberately misspelling words, giving contradictory information
      in such a way as to catch the eye of the vigilant, such as errors of grammar
      or even inconsistent punctuation (though I personally have never seen this
      last, it is a great idea, and someone, most likely more than one person, has
      certainly used this device already). Each person has his own style of
      conveying a certain kind and quality of information, and he will invariably
      tailor this common (among the ancients) practice in his own unique way, but
      if the person has never received knowledge in this way, if someone does not
      tell him of the existence of this kind of communication, he will never be
      able to learn, and, as with anything, picking up the ability to understand
      this takes practice.

      I have not yet had time to look over Madame Blavatsky's writings with a fine
      toothed comb, but when I do, I will, in some discreet manner, share what, if
      anything I discover, with those who are able to receive it. I have taken the
      time to write this message because I believe some uninformed people, who do
      not understand how various devices that can be used to convey certain
      information that is not for everyone , might construe Daniel's message to be
      a form of nitpicking, which it most emphatically is not. I have seen too
      many people destroy the nuance of key texts by altering them in ways that
      they erroneously perceive to be innocuous, and this is one of my pet peeves.
      Sincerely, Wry