10662". . . true Theosophists will never accept ...a Christ made Flesh. . . "

  • D. H. Caldwell <info@blavatskyarchives.c
    Jan 19, 2003
      H.P. Blavatsky wrote in December 1887:

      In CARNALIZING the central figure of the New Testament, in imposing
      the dogma of the Word MADE FLESH, the Latin Church sets up a doctrine
      diametrically opposed to the tenets of Buddhist and Hindu Esotericism
      and the Greek Gnosis. Therefore, there will always be an abyss
      between the East and the West, as long as neither of these dogmas
      yields. Almost 2,000 years of bloody persecution against HERETICS
      and INFIDELS by the Church looms before the Oriental nations to
      prevent them from renouncing their philosophic doctrines in favor of
      that which degrades the CHRISTOS principle. [372-373]

      ...when one legend based upon these mysteries attempts to arrogate
      exclusive rights to itself above all the rest; when it declares
      itself an infallible dogma to force the popular faith into a dead
      letter belief, to the detriment of the true metaphysical meaning,
      such legend must be denounced, its veil torn away, and itself
      displayed in its nakedness to the world! [374]. . .

      Whether it be Krishna, Buddha, Sosiosh, Horus or Christos, it is a
      universal PRINCIPLE. . .

      ...the Christians, by localizing and isolating this great Principle,
      and denying it to any other man except Jesus of Nazareth (or the
      Nazar), CARNALIZE the Christos of the Gnostics; that alone prevents
      them having any point in common with the disciples of the Archaic
      Wisdom. . . . [374]

      . . . I have not the slightest intention of hurting the feelings of
      those who believe in Jesus, the carnalized Christ, but I feel myself
      compelled to emphasize our own belief. . . .

      . . . It is in this ancient wisdom, and in the Christos of the
      Gnostics under its various names, that the Theosophists, disciples of
      the Mahatmas, believe. . . . [385]

      . . . true Theosophists will never accept ...a Christ made
      Flesh. . . .[390]

      Quoted from H.P. Blavatsky's COLLECTED WRITINGS, Volume VIII.

      COMPARE THE ABOVE WITH WHAT ALICE BAILEY WROTE ABOUT THE CHRIST:

      They will prepare and work for conditions in the world in which
      Christ can move freely among men, in bodily Presence; He need not
      then remain in His present retreat in Central Asia. (13 - 589/90).

      His reappearance and His consequent work cannot be confined to one
      small locality or domain, unheard of by the great majority, as was
      the case when He was here before. The radio, the press, and the
      dissemination of news, will make His coming different to that of any
      previous Messenger; the swift modes of transportation will make Him
      available to countless millions, and by boat, rail and plane they can
      reach Him: through television, His face can be made familiar to all,
      and verily "every eye shall see Him". (8 - 16).
      The Reappearance of the Christ - Chapter II - The World Today
      www.netnews.org/bk/reappearance/reap1005.html

      See more from Alice Bailey's pen in the following sources:

      The Christ
      http://bernie.cncfamily.com/spi/bailey/christ.htm

      Reappearance of the Christ
      http://bernie.cncfamily.com/spi/bailey/reappearance.htm

      Another extract. This time from Bailey's AUTOBIOGRAPHY:

      Another happening about the same time carried conviction to me of
      another world of events. It is something which - at the time it
      occurred - I could not have imagined, having no indication that such
      a happening was possible. Twice I had a dream in full waking
      consciousness. I called it a dream because I could not imagine at
      that time what else it could possibly be. Now I know that I
      participated in something that really took place. At the time of this
      dual occurrence this knowledge lay outside my field of ordinary
      recognition. Herein lies the value of the happening. There was no
      opportunity for autosuggestion, wishful thinking or an over-vivid
      imagination.

      I twice (whilst living and working in Great Britain) took part in an
      extraordinary ceremony and it was nearly two [39] decades after my
      participation that I discovered what it was all about. The ceremony
      in which I took part, I eventually found out, actually takes place
      every year at the time of the "Full Moon of May." It is the full moon
      of the Hindu calendar month of Vaisakha (Taurus) under its ancient
      name. This month is of vital importance to all Buddhists and the
      first day of this month is the national holiday known as the Hindu
      New Year's Day. This tremendous event takes place each year in the
      Himalayas. It is held in a valley and is not a mythical, subconscious
      happening but a real, physical plane occurrence. I found myself
      (whilst wide awake) in this valley and forming part of a vast,
      orderly crowd - mostly oriental but with a large sprinkling of
      occidental people. I knew exactly where I stood in that crowd and
      realized that it was my correct place and indicated my spiritual
      status.
      http://beaskund.helloyou.ws/netnews/bk/autobiography/auto1015.html

      The valley was large and oval shaped, rocky and with high mountains
      on either side. The people, crowded in the valley, faced towards the
      East and towards a narrow, bottlenecked passage at the end. Just
      before this funnel shaped passage there stood an immense rock, rising
      out of the floor of the valley like a great table, and on the top of
      the rock was a crystal bowl which looked as if it was three feet
      across. This bowl was full of water. Standing ahead of the crowd and
      in front of the rock were three Figures. They formed a triangle and,
      to my surprise, the one at the apex of the triangle seemed to me to
      be the Christ. The waiting crowd appeared to be in constant movement,
      and as they moved they formed great and familiar symbols - the Cross
      in its various forms, the circle with the point in the center, the
      five-pointed star and various interlaced triangles. It was almost
      like a solemn, rhythmic dance, very slow and dignified but quite
      soundless. Suddenly, the three Figures before the rock stretched out
      Their arms towards the heavens. The [40] crowd froze into immobility.
      At the far end of the bottleneck a Figure was seen in the sky,
      hovering over the passage and slowly approaching the rock. I knew in
      some subjective and certain fashion that it was the Buddha. I had a
      sense of recognition. I knew at the same time that in no way was our
      Christ belittled. I got a glimpse of the unity and of the Plan to
      which the Christ, the Buddha and all the Masters are eternally
      dedicated. I realized for the first time, though in a dim and
      uncertain manner, the unity of all manifestation and that all
      existence - the material world, the spiritual realm, the aspiring
      disciple, the evolving animal and the beauty of the vegetable and
      mineral kingdoms - constituted one divine and living whole which was
      moving on to the demonstration of the glory of the Lord. I grasped -
      faintly - that human beings needed the Christ and the Buddha and all
      the Members of the planetary Hierarchy, and that there were
      happenings and events of far greater moment to the progress of the
      race than those recorded in history. I was left bewildered, because
      to me (at that time) the heathen were still heathen and I was a
      Christian. Deep and fundamental doubts were left in my mind. My life
      was henceforth colored (and is today) by the knowledge that there
      were Masters and subjective events upon the inner spiritual planes
      and in the world of meaning which were a part of life itself, perhaps
      the most important part. How could I fit these things into my limited
      theology and my daily life. I did not know.
      It is said that one's deepest and most intimate spiritual experiences
      should never be discussed or related. This is fundamentally true and
      no true "experiencer" is the least interested in such discussions.
      The deeper and more vital the experience, the less temptation is
      there to tell it. Only beginners with a theoretical, imaginative
      event in their [41] consciousness claim such experiences. But with
      deliberation I have related the two above subjective events (or was
      the first subjective?) because it is time that people of standing and
      who are recognized as sane and intelligent should add their testimony
      to that of the frequently discredited mystic and occultist. I have a
      good standing as an intelligent, normal woman, an effective executive
      and creative writer and I choose to add my certain knowledge and
      conviction to the witness of many others down the ages.
      http://beaskund.helloyou.ws/netnews/bk/autobiography/auto1016.html