Re: [The NYY Fan Club] Red Sox/Dodgers trade

  • Kristin
    Message 1 of 98 , Aug 29, 2012

        No kidding huh?  I really don't know what the Angels were smoking when they gave that contract to Pujols.  I guess they weren't paying attention to the lack of production and injuries to ARod who has, what, 5 more years left?

      Kristin

      From: o'dell william <mailto:lprachan2%40yahoo.com>

      > well if you comes back next season and plays the way he did for tampa people will be singing a different tune.

      Who in their right might commits five years and over $100 to a player who A) just under went TJ surgery, B) stunk it up when he was healthy, C) the best anyone can say about him is "IF he...plays the way he did for Tampa..." and trades for him when D) no one was putting a gun to the heads of LA mgmt forcing them to take on this mountain of money...?

      Again, Gonzalez isn't worth it. Not even close. Hell, if the Dodgers were willing to take on all of Gonzalez's money - which obviously wouldn't have been an issue - I think the Sox would have let go in exchange for a couple of prospects and forget about the rest of the players and contracts in the trade.

      And if Crawford and Beckett had to be included, then LA should have made sure the Sox picked up $100 million. At least. Or no deal. Keep the powder dry for another day.

      The Sox were the ones over a barrel on this one. And the Dodgers were foolish enough to trade places with them.

      From: o'dell william <mailto:lprachan2%40yahoo.com>
      To: "mailto:thenewyorkyankeesfanclub%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:thenewyorkyankeesfanclub%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 9:31 AM

      beckett can be moved next season at little cost. crawford is still young and will be healthy next season.  with his speed he wasnt a good fit for boston, gonzo is a great pickup now and for the future.  they had to take the bad contracts to get Agon. As it was put by the MLB guys, it was the same as the sox did when they picked up beckett and had to take mike lowell.  seems like the red sox are cleaning house.  Dont know who they will use to fill in at first.  I guess they will fill in with rookees and next season go out and get the pieces that they dont have down on the farm.  they are going to need some serious pitching once they clear out the dead wood like lackey and diaskee.  they are in rebuilding mode

      Message 98 of 98 , Sep 9, 2012
        Mike Zunino is a very good prospect but probably a year away from the majors. He might be the or one of the starting catchers in 2014 for Seattle. Smoak was over rated and strikes out way too much. I like Mike Carp but he was injured this year.

        Miguel Olivo is a free agent and will probably be gone after this season or sign a one year deal for 2013. Whatever happens in the long run Zunino and Montero will probably be the main catchers and part time DH's. Zunino might be a better candidate for another position as he is more mobile. If the Mariners were thinking of doing something like this you would see one or the other go to the Arizona Instruction League and work on playing some first base.

        LAS

        From: Joseph P. <jpasseri@...>
        To: "thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com" <thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 1:25 PM

        The shine is a little off on Montero- 15 homers, 53 rbi, .259 average. He is young, a rookie, plays in a big ball part and for a bad team, but I still expected better. He may improve in the future but I no longer see a "Pujols" type hitter as was projected. Plus, even though he has done some catching, it still looks like DH is his best position. Then again Pineda hurt his arm and has DUI in his first year in pinstripes.