Re: [The NYY Fan Club] are the yankees that bad off this year?

  • Mark Pultorak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 3:37 AM
      could not have said this better myself.

      From: Daniel <danbo563@...>
      To: thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:17 PM
      Subject: [The NYY Fan Club] are the yankees that bad off this year?

      so, pineda's not pitching til some time in may. ibanez started out slow. swisher's finally getting some at bats. jeter was hurting for a couple weeks. & arod is, supposedly, in his twilight. cc cant manage his weight, & thats going to be his downfall, he's ready to start falling apart. &, we have no joba! buy, we're really in a sense of turmoil, huh fellas. i've posted a couple things on here about what i see coming this year. instead, all i keep reading is, we're doomed! did i miss something in the underwriting of this group, that this is the hallucinagenic yankee group, or the suicide ward yankee group?whats with all the pessimism? we went & got 1 of the best young pitchers in baseball & a proven experienced starter to go along with cc & hughes, nova's in the mix, got a real good back up plan in garcia &, the icing on this cake is pettitte coming back. the bullpen, even without joba, is the BEST IN THE MAJORS! nobody comes close to our bullpen. we've got a star-studded line up. how many other teams has a guy who can hit 30 hr's batting 7th, & a guy who can steal 50-60 bases batting 9th! our defense is well above sound, maybe with exception of swisher. & on top of all this, we now have a good, solid bench. hell, the guys in reserve we have, just waiting in case something happens are aardsma, branyan & hall. look at this team! we, to me, have the team to beat. other teams already knew, you better get at starters before 6th inning. now, we have the starters! so geez, guys, 1st pitch hasnt been thrown, & already, these are the guys i've heard that have to go: ibanez, pettitte, arod, cc, girardi & cashman. at least wait til end of may, then make your judgements. until then, look at what we have, guys.

    • Eric Calhoun
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5 12:32 AM
        I agree, Daniel. Let's not play the judging game. Let's play some ball
        games and see where the Yankees are, come May 31. It ain't time to call
        the season a loss, gentlemen. Chill out.
        .. .. Eric Calhoun with the America's Finest City Distribution List,
        devoted to San Diego; the Camp Bloomfield List dedicated to the camp in
        Malibu, California: Sign up is at eric@.... .. .. I'm on
        Facebook, at eric@....