Re: [The NYY Fan Club] Re: Expanded Playoffs This Year

  • zaga21@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
      This is rediculous. Bud Selig is bastardizing the game I love. Baseball is not like the NFL and the NHL playoffs. Those playoffs are cool. It took me a while to even get used to the Wild Card.

      Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2 on AT&T

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
        Its a gimic :(

        no like it !

        What I dont understand is many of fans including myself hated the 5 game format. Why didnt they fix that!? Instead they added another less than desirable playoff series....dumb :(

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
          I don't understand WHY!?!?!? why are they doing this!?  More money for more games, IDIOTS!!!  One instance where MORE baseball is not a good thing...

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
            Actually I think it will have the opposite effect. In the past the Yanks and Red Sox haven't solved all their roster issues and relied on trading deadline options. I think I am already noticing a trend where the best teams are adding extra pieces to really put themselves over the top. If you are the Yanks and Rangers your more likely to add all the talent you can before the season starts to make sure you win in a tough division. This will hurt the parity in baseball because the better teams wont "give away" wins early in the season and will use their money and resources to win as much as they can. Thus when the trading deadline comes I think you will see more teams out of the race then in the past. If you look at the AL you have 6 teams Detroit NY Boston Tampa Anaheim and Texas all in a top group of teams. If those teams bring younger players up sooner or make moves earlier then in the past they could all be far ahead of any other potential wild card candidates by July 1st. I think the prince fielder move is just the beginning of a huge paradigm shift of how GMs will take no chances if they think their team has a window to go to the WS. Most of the big signings this off season took place in very few cities and I just have a feeling these teams will continue to stock pile talent. I am interested to see if my assessment will be right. But if I were a GM I wouldn't leave much on my roster to auditions march1st if i wanted to avoid a one game playoff. Why spend all that money and then lose game number 163!?!

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
              The plan has lots of holes.

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
                If they are going to bring in another wildcard in each league they should make it a best of three and I still think that the first regular round should be best of seven.  So what it goes into november.  that way the divisional round would be rewarding the team that won the division.

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2012
                  make the wildcard round a best of three or a best of five, even better.  that way they would make even more money

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2012