Re: Trade Deadline

  • SLC
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      Looks like it was a quiet trade deadline. Jeff Francouer went to the Rangers, and Manny Delcarmen went to the Rockies.

      There is a story out there that the Yankees claimed Ted Lilly off waivers from the Dodgers and are still working to acquire him. Don't know how that will play out since the deal wasn't done yesterday. It's interesting that the Yankees would have won the claim because every other MLB team would have had to have passed on Lilly in order for the Yankees to win the claim.

      --- In thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "SLC" <theslick1@...> wrote:

      > Today is the final trade deadline for adding players that will be eligible for post-season play. There have been no moves today that I've heard about.
      >
      > The Dodgers requested waivers on Hiroki Kuroda, but the Padres made a claim and the Dodgers withdrew their waiver request. Kevin Gregg, Scott Downs, and Fausto Carmona were also waived, claimed, and withdrawn from waivers.
      >
      > The Red Sox made a claim on Mike Napoli, and the Angels responded by taking him off waivers.

    • Joseph P.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        Lilly would be a good pickup but I heard the Dodgers aren't moving him.