Re: [The New York Yankees Fan Club] NEW PITCHER SIGNED

  • Sean Serritella
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
      http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?ID=6121

      - Sean

      I used to be a contender.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: MYC70798@...
      To: thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 1:54 PM
      Subject: Re: [The New York Yankees Fan Club] NEW PITCHER SIGNED

      Diana

      If you don't mind me asking who > RHP Sam Marsonek? Thank you and also one
      > more question who is this new pitcher. Thank you

      Missy

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • MYC70798@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
        Sean
        Thank you for the link. Missy

      • Jackie.::Jeter::.
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
          Lol, honestly If I were you and didn't know much about this team or any players in MLB overall, I would definitely just look them up on google.com or something... it really isnt that hard if you are devoted..

          MYC70798@... wrote:Diana

          If you don't mind me asking who > RHP Sam Marsonek? Thank you and also one
          > more question who is this new pitcher. Thank you

          Missy

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          .x0xo*.
          Tennis Babii Gurl

          Pete Sampras -> My idol always and forever <3

          Die hard Yankees fan for life!

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
            Oh if you only knew how devoted I'm becoming. Missy

          • DIANA RYAN
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
              Missy,
              Sam Marsonek is a Right Handed Pitcher, who belonged to the Yanks' triple A Columbus farm team. He's been upgraded and signed to be in the majors with the big boys. Feel free to ask any more questions.
              Dee

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
                Dee
                I almost feel like not saying anything now. I don't mean to ask but I don't
                know and I am trying to learning but I don't have a lot of time on the
                computer so its just easier to ask. I'm sorry. Missy

              • DIANA RYAN

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
                    > I almost feel like not saying anything now.

                    Given that we are all Yankee Fans, and that this is a forum for the
                    discussion of the team and baseball in general, and that we are not all at
                    the same knowledge level on every subject, I would expect lots of
                    questions/discussion/opinions at every level. Some of us have areas of
                    expertise, or insights to obscure knowledge that probably will benefit
                    most, if not all members.

                    I don't see why any question or opinion should make the poster feel
                    afraid to ask again. That's my take on things, but I am not a moderator,
                    or for that matter, an expert on anything to do with baseball. I didn't
                    think you had to be a career baseball analyst to post here . . .

                    - Paul

                  • Amanda
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
                      Missy,
                      When I first became a fan of baseball seven years ago, the only
                      people I knew who followed it were my dad and my grandfather, and at
                      that time in my life I didn't live with my dad. I didn't even have
                      internet access. I just watched every game and read tons of
                      newspaper articles. Also, if you watch Baseball Tonight on ESPN
                      during the season you can learn so much about baseball in general,
                      not just the Yankees. I think just by watching baseball you pick up
                      a ton of information, without even realizing it. But you can always
                      ask questions on this forum--I'm new to the forum too but I get the
                      impression that everyone in this group is very kind and has a
                      passion for baseball, and I think I'm correct in saying that
                      everyone here wants to share whatever they know. We're all friends
                      here! Hope this makes you more comfortable!
                      Mandy

                      --- In thenewyorkyankeesfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Paul M Dunphy
                      <yankee_list@v...> wrote:

                      > > I almost feel like not saying anything now.
                      >

                      > Given that we are all Yankee Fans, and that this is a forum
                      for the
                      > discussion of the team and baseball in general, and that we are
                      not all at
                      > the same knowledge level on every subject, I would expect lots of
                      > questions/discussion/opinions at every level. Some of us have
                      areas of
                      > expertise, or insights to obscure knowledge that probably will
                      benefit
                      > most, if not all members.
                      >
                      > I don't see why any question or opinion should make the
                      poster feel
                      > afraid to ask again. That's my take on things, but I am not a
                      moderator,
                      > or for that matter, an expert on anything to do with baseball. I
                      didn't
                      > think you had to be a career baseball analyst to post here . . .
                      >
                      > - Paul

                    • Scott Coulter
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
                        You are right Paul, the only dumb question is the one we don't ask. All questions are welcome, and all members need to show patience with each other. I'm a moderator and even I screw up and say things that are confusing. One of the great things about this group is the level of expertise concerning both first hand knowledge, and people who know where to find answers even if they don't know them. I have tried other groups, but this group is far and away the best. Nothing else compares! All are welcome!

                        Go Yanks!

                        Scott