Heya!!

  • Bandit
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17 11:40 AM
      Whats up! I don't know if this group is active, but if it is then I'm in luck.

      I found out about this cartoon last summer and ever since then I have become such a huge fan! I looked into the history of Lisa Lougheed, the girl who sigs the ending theme as well as many other songs from the show, and I purchased both of her albums, "World Love" & "Peace & Harmony". I also have her remixes as well to "Love Vibe" and "Won't Give Up My Music". I loved all of her songs, but I was not happy to see that her music never made it to iTunes.

      I e-mailed apple about releasing The Raccoons on the US apple store, and I am not saying I am the reason why it's now available in the US, but I wanted it there badly enough so i e-mailed them.

      It was thanks to the site I found out about this group on, that I was able to have the songs from the album "Evergreen Nights", not a day goes by where I don't listen to at least one of the songs from that album.

      I have seen every episode of the cartoon as I have downloaded each episode on my computer, and I have bought my fair share of DVD's and VHS items too.

      I am also a videographer on YouTube, my channel is:
      http://www.YouTube.com/TheRaccoonsDen

      And I'm also the admin of the forum as well:
      http://www.TheRaccoonsDen.ProBoards.com/

      feel free to drop by and check it out.

      But yeah, I am happy to be a member of this group and I hope this is still an active place!

      ~ Bandit
    • brother_ralph2
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
        Hi there

        It's good to meet fellow enthusiasts! I have to say this place has been floundering a little bit recently and hasn't recieved the care and attention it deserves. We used to be the central hub for the Raccoons cartoon community, but time commitments have made me fail and neglect the place. I will try to find more time for this place, if any of my old members are still alive and kicking that is.
        -BR

        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Bandit" <lumiere_guardian@...> wrote:

        > Whats up! I don't know if this group is active, but if it is then I'm in luck.
        >
        > I found out about this cartoon last summer and ever since then I have become such a huge fan! I looked into the history of Lisa Lougheed, the girl who sigs the ending theme as well as many other songs from the show, and I purchased both of her albums, "World Love" & "Peace & Harmony". I also have her remixes as well to "Love Vibe" and "Won't Give Up My Music". I loved all of her songs, but I was not happy to see that her music never made it to iTunes.
        >
        > I e-mailed apple about releasing The Raccoons on the US apple store, and I am not saying I am the reason why it's now available in the US, but I wanted it there badly enough so i e-mailed them.
        >
        > It was thanks to the site I found out about this group on, that I was able to have the songs from the album "Evergreen Nights", not a day goes by where I don't listen to at least one of the songs from that album.
        >
        > I have seen every episode of the cartoon as I have downloaded each episode on my computer, and I have bought my fair share of DVD's and VHS items too.
        >
        > I am also a videographer on YouTube, my channel is:
        > http://www.YouTube.com/TheRaccoonsDen
        >
        > And I'm also the admin of the forum as well:
        > http://www.TheRaccoonsDen.ProBoards.com/
        >
        > feel free to drop by and check it out.
        >
        > But yeah, I am happy to be a member of this group and I hope this is still an active place!
        >
        > ~ Bandit

      • kc9jsq
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
          Hello Brother Ralph! Yes there are still some of us that are around. I'm glad to see your back and chatting once again. There hasn't been much activity here but I did get some activity on my site. I hope you give yourself the time to sit back, relax, and enjoy whahat we all get to enjoy together. =)
        • Bryce Kovatch
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
            Hey brother ralph,

            Love your 2 fanfics, especially the backstage raccoons.  Hilarious stuff!  I should be posting my fanfic (and about 35 chapters of it) on the site hopefully in the next month of so.  All Raccoon fans will love it!  Besides, we need to get our fix since they took it off Teletoon Retro in North America.  I'm starting to go through withdrawal!

            Take care guys,
            Kobe

            To: thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com
            From: brother_ralph2@...
            Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:49:03 +0000
            Subject: [thenewraccoons] Re: Heya!!

            Hi there

            It's good to meet fellow enthusiasts! I have to say this place has been floundering a little bit recently and hasn't recieved the care and attention it deserves. We used to be the central hub for the Raccoons cartoon community, but time commitments have made me fail and neglect the place. I will try to find more time for this place, if any of my old members are still alive and kicking that is.
            -BR

            --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Bandit" <lumiere_guardian@...> wrote:

            > Whats up! I don't know if this group is active, but if it is then I'm in luck.
            >
            > I found out about this cartoon last summer and ever since then I have become such a huge fan! I looked into the history of Lisa Lougheed, the girl who sigs the ending theme as well as many other songs from the show, and I purchased both of her albums, "World Love" & "Peace & Harmony". I also have her remixes as well to "Love Vibe" and "Won't Give Up My Music". I loved all of her songs, but I was not happy to see that her music never made it to iTunes.
            >
            > I e-mailed apple about releasing The Raccoons on the US apple store, and I am not saying I am the reason why it's now available in the US, but I wanted it there badly enough so i e-mailed them.
            >
            > It was thanks to the site I found out about this group on, that I was able to have the songs from the album "Evergreen Nights", not a day goes by where I don't listen to at least one of the songs from that album.
            >
            > I have seen every episode of the cartoon as I have downloaded each episode on my computer, and I have bought my fair share of DVD's and VHS items too.
            >
            > I am also a videographer on YouTube, my channel is:
            > http://www.YouTube.com/TheRaccoonsDen
            >
            > And I'm also the admin of the forum as well:
            > http://www.TheRaccoonsDen.ProBoards.com/
            >
            > feel free to drop by and check it out.
            >
            > But yeah, I am happy to be a member of this group and I hope this is still an active place!
            >
            > ~ Bandit

          • drawah64
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 21, 2010
              I'm still here too. I was just thinking about how great Paul Schibli's character designs were for the early specials and series, so I decided to look up some pictures and listen to the Jon Stroll interview podcast from Skycron again. Lots of cool info in that interview, I must say. Anybody who hasn't heard it should definitely take a listen. Also, I was able to partially extract some more Raccoons background music from it-- the 'competition' music often used during sporting events in the series. I say 'partially' because I just used the old "get rid of the mono audio" trick, which means that some of the instruments are absent. It's still listenable though, so you can download it here if you want:
              http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QOTYA7X