Re: Hi I'm new!!

  • minerva_mink16
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2010
      I think Melissa and Ralph were 12 when they went to school with Bert,
      while Bert and Cedric were 6 years old at the school.
    • Jenny
      Message 2 of 14 , May 31, 2010
        Interesting way to solve it. I see George as being older than Ralph so I don't think he'd have been 18 when Lisa was born.

        My problem is solved because I'm not doing the Bert/Lisa pairing in this one. Was gonna but I changed something.

        Updated the story by the way, I probably won't let the group know every time I update so keep checking back to ff.net to see if I do.

        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5992031/1/The_Family
        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "czarnicky2" <czarnicky2@...> wrote:

        > I hgad that same 'problem' except it kind of worked for the story I was writing. Lisa's young age, though still legal, got Bert into a world of hurt.
        >
        > I put their ages at Nicole and George at 36 both were 18 when lIsa was born and Lisa was 18 Bert, Ralph and Melissa would all have been in their early 30's
        >
        > I read your story on fanfiction and really like it so far keep up the great writing.
        >
        > Nicky4 on FF.net
        >
        > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Jenny" <strangeseraph@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Tell me about it! I came across a couple of problems in regards to Bert and Lisa's relationship and had to scrap an entire section of my story.
        > >
        > > Namely their ages. Bert is supposedly the same age as Ralph, Melissa, and Cedric, which would put them in their twenties maybe, and George would have to be older than Ralph since he has an older daughter. And Cedric is still living at home with his dad as if he's a kid but he's supposedly the same age as Ralph and Melissa. (I'm just gonna say Cedric and Bert aren't as mature as Ralph and Melissa and leave it at that.)
        > >
        > > But Lisa is a TEENAGER. And Bert had feelings for her. And well she'd have to leave her parents, be an adult before there could be a relationship. I'm not saying that they aren't age appropriate but at the time of the series if Lisa was still a minor than well that would be a problem. I dunno? Maybe she's on her last year of high school. Or something. I dunno.
        > >
        > > Bleh, see the problem? It would feel weird pairing a 25+ year old with a 17-18 year old. Its legal where I am, but feels weird to me. I'd rather not.
        > >
        > > Ah well. I'll write whatever I guess.
        > >

        > > > The problem with the show in the past is that it started losing its storyline and depth; I think the old production team just got bored with the show. I think incorporating Bert's past is exactly the shot in the arm that the series would need...another angle and more intrigue.

      • Chris Yost
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
          I'm going to say that I'd be surprised if everyone here didn't already know this was out there, but I don't remember ever seeing any reference to it in the mailings.  So, just to be sure, please enjoy the link to this video of the theme song:

          Around the 4-minute mark, I absolutely love where Ralph and Melissa link tails.

          Best to yunz,
          Chris Yost
          Read Sabrina Online: The Story at
        • WereFox Kitsune
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 12, 2010
            i knew it was there i have had it faved and subscribed to it.  i LOVE it