Documentary on Season 2 DVD?

  • drawah64
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2009
      So apparently on the recent Region 2 DVD release of Season 2, there's a ten-minute documentary on the series. Could anybody share some of the information from it, such as quotes, pictures, or just a general outline of what is said in it? Or perhaps even... posting it on Youtube or something? Or to this group?

      Sorry to bother anyone, but I'm just very curious as to what's in this documentary, since it's the first I've ever heard of anything like this.
    • lyric_neres8055
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2009
        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "drawah64" <drawah64@...> wrote:

        > So apparently on the recent Region 2 DVD release of Season 2, there's a ten-minute documentary on the series. Could anybody share some of the information from it, such as quotes, pictures, or just a general outline of what is said in it? Or perhaps even... posting it on Youtube or something? Or to this group?
        >
        > Sorry to bother anyone, but I'm just very curious as to what's in this documentary, since it's the first I've ever heard of anything like this.

        Basically, the documentary is about Kevin Gillis' pride and passion for making The Raccoons, and a brief history about how it went from specials to series. Sheldon Wiseman and Gerald Tripp are also featured, and they talk about their roles in the production of The Raccoons, as well as the animation industry in general. They also talk about the international success that the show had, including some of the merchandise made for it. I didn't think there were any groundbreaking revelations in the documentary to be honest, but it was still interesting to watch!
      • Cyril Sneer
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9, 2009
          It must be very interesting...
          Is anybody here who can upload this video?

          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "lyric_neres8055" <ah012@...> wrote:

          > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "drawah64" <drawah64@> wrote:
          > >
          > > So apparently on the recent Region 2 DVD release of Season 2, there's a ten-minute documentary on the series. Could anybody share some of the information from it, such as quotes, pictures, or just a general outline of what is said in it? Or perhaps even... posting it on Youtube or something? Or to this group?
          > >
          > > Sorry to bother anyone, but I'm just very curious as to what's in this documentary, since it's the first I've ever heard of anything like this.
          > >

          > Basically, the documentary is about Kevin Gillis' pride and passion for making The Raccoons, and a brief history about how it went from specials to series. Sheldon Wiseman and Gerald Tripp are also featured, and they talk about their roles in the production of The Raccoons, as well as the animation industry in general. They also talk about the international success that the show had, including some of the merchandise made for it. I didn't think there were any groundbreaking revelations in the documentary to be honest, but it was still interesting to watch!

        • David Monid
          Message 4 of 7 , May 11, 2009
            Or better still....buy the actually DVD!

            This website should help make your DVD players multi-regional. Just type in the name of your DVD player into the search bar for instance: Samsung DVD9300.

            David.

            --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Cyril Sneer" <mrsneer@...> wrote:

            > It must be very interesting...
            > Is anybody here who can upload this video?
            >
            > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "lyric_neres8055" <ah012@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "drawah64" <drawah64@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > So apparently on the recent Region 2 DVD release of Season 2, there's a ten-minute documentary on the series. Could anybody share some of the information from it, such as quotes, pictures, or just a general outline of what is said in it? Or perhaps even... posting it on Youtube or something? Or to this group?
            > > >
            > > > Sorry to bother anyone, but I'm just very curious as to what's in this documentary, since it's the first I've ever heard of anything like this.
            > > >

            > > Basically, the documentary is about Kevin Gillis' pride and passion for making The Raccoons, and a brief history about how it went from specials to series. Sheldon Wiseman and Gerald Tripp are also featured, and they talk about their roles in the production of The Raccoons, as well as the animation industry in general. They also talk about the international success that the show had, including some of the merchandise made for it. I didn't think there were any groundbreaking revelations in the documentary to be honest, but it was still interesting to watch!

          • brother_ralph2
            Message 5 of 7 , May 11, 2009
              Yes, I am in complete agreement with David here. As we are the Raccoons fanbase, any company that goes out on a limb to produce the DVD's is relying on us and people like us to make it worth their while. If we don't show support for it then later merchandise will not be available because the company will fear making losses. Members of thenewraccoons I am not the morality police but I do urge you all to show your appreciation for our cartoon by supporting their products and buying, not just ripping it from the internet as I know it is all too tempting to do.

              BrotherRalph

              Message 6 of 7 , May 11, 2009
                I don't need DVD. I wanted to see only this short movie.
                I watching The Raccoons everyday in TV and I have all episodes on my computer.
                It was only my request.
                Maybe I'll buy this DVD, but I don't have credit card. (But it's my problem).

                Message 7 of 7 , May 11, 2009
                  Um... What is the link to the website? I don't see a URL anywhere in your post. It sounds great, as there are several Region 2-only DVDs that I'd buy in a heartbeat if I had a region 2 player, definitely including these Raccoons releases.

                  I wasn't trying to cause any trouble or offend anyone with my initial post, so sorry about that... I guess in retrospect, asking if someone could upload it was a bad idea. Never mind. :D