Re: unfilmed Raccoons scripts

  • Erin T. Aardvark
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2008
      getting off the subject for one second here. Yes, the Punk Rock Popples were Punkity
      and Punkster, and everyone had a new voice, except Party.

      I really hope, if this project does get off the ground, Kevin Gillis, and the other Powers
      That Be do an extensive audition process. Bert Raccoon without Len is like peanut butter
      without bananas! Campfires without marshmallows! Bert without a messy room . . . . errr,
      well, you get the idea

      Erin T. Aardvark
      Feelin' Groovy
      Ba da da ba da da da da
      Feelin' Groovy
      (and a tad bit silly)

      --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <firevulpix@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > to voice Bert Raccoon if the movie ever comes into fruition.
      >
      > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Erin T. Aardvark"
      > <geatornez518@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am probably going to get throttled for this, but . . . . .
      > >
      > > In all honesty, I was pretty excited about a new Raccoons movie,
      > and then I got the news
      > > that Len Carlson died. IMO, NOBODY can be Bert Raccoon, except Len.
      > And there is proof
      > > to this. Take the first season of the Popples vs. the second
      > season. In the first season,
      > > Putter Popple (the small green one) was voiced by our main man,
      > Len. I discovered this
      > > because I used to have the first two Raccoons specials and a
      > Popples episode on Beta (all
      > > of these were taped off the air). Our first Beta died, so my daddy
      > copied my Betas over to
      > > VHS for me in 1996. They were on different tapes, but my daddy
      > copied two Betas to one
      > > VHS. Anyway, Raccoons and Popples ended up on the same tape. I
      > noticed that Putter
      > > sounded A LOT like Bert, and I checked ending credits. There was
      > Len Carlson all right.
      > >
      > > In the second season of Popples (which I had never seen because my
      > area yanked the
      > > cartoon before we could see the second season), Danny Mann was
      > Putter, and it just
      > > wasn't the same. Putter lost his frantic energy when Danny Mann
      > took over. I'm not
      > > knocking Danny Mann, I'm just saying Len was better at Putter than
      > he was.
      > >
      > > So that's my reasoning. If they do go ahead witht this Raccoons
      > movie, I can only hope
      > > that they cast very carefully, and try to get someone who sounds as
      > much like the Bert
      > > we know and love the better, and the same thing goes for Lloyd (Pig
      > 1) and Cedric. I saw
      > > Disney's "Jungle Book 2" with John Goodman as Baloo the Bear, and I
      > was saying, "This is
      > > NOT Baloo!" John Goodman, while a very good actor in his own right,
      > sounded nothing
      > > like the late Phil Harris. A pet peeve of mine is hiring someone to
      > voice a character when
      > > the first voice is either deceased or unavailable, because the new
      > voice is a big time star.
      > > People are going to complain if they don't sound close to the
      > originals.
      > >

      > > Erin T. Aardvark
      > > Patiently awaiting flaming sticks
      > >

      > > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <firevulpix@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I wonder if "The Raccoons" movie is still in production? I was a
      > > > little excited when I heard about this, except for the fact that
      > Bert
      > > > Raccoon would have to be voiced by someone else (and no one can
      > > > replace Len Carlson, IMO). It would still be cool if they got
      > some
      > > > of the other original voice actors, though (Susan Roman, Bob

    • raccoonfan
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2008
        Well, I can't wait for this movie. I wonder if it'll be theretical or
        Straigt-To-DVD? If it's the former, I hope for a world wide relese. If
        it's the latter, I'll import it.
        Although when I hear Bert's new voice, my head will definetly be
        wondering what that voice is.

        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, chris@... wrote:

        > > I agree that the quality of the production would be damaged if every
        > > time Bert spoke my mind was saying "whats that sound?? Thats not his
        > > voice!".
        >
        > Maybe they'll get just one guy to do *all* of the voices. LIke they
        did
        > with the movie "Manos: The Hands of Fate" :)
        >
        > Chris
        > www.chrisfoxx.com

      • tailspower2001
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2008
          Straight-To-DVD wound be the option I would pick mostly; because in
          most cases waiting for the DVD gives you better viewing then an
          theatrical version. This very true with long films like Kill Bill.

          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "raccoonfan" <raccoonfan@...>

        • chris@chrisfoxx.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
            > Straight-To-DVD wound be the option I would pick mostly; because in
            > most cases waiting for the DVD gives you better viewing then an
            > theatrical version. This very true with long films like Kill Bill.

            Not to mention "The Raccoons" would have a very limited audience. True,
            parents would take their kids to the theatre for a rare G-rated feature
            film, but it would be aimed at fans of the TV show, with references only
            fans of the show would understand. Theatrically, and I'm not a theatre or
            movie expert but I AM a thinker, I believe it would enjoy a normal run,
            but would not be a studio money-maker.

            And keep Michael Bay the hell away from it 8)

            Chris
            www.chrisfoxx.com
          • raccoonfan
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
              When you put it that way, Straight-to-DVD seems the best option to
              go. This fandom is very small and would help. But it all depends on
              the director on how it's relesed.

              --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, chris@... wrote:

              > > Straight-To-DVD wound be the option I would pick mostly; because
              in
              > > most cases waiting for the DVD gives you better viewing then an
              > > theatrical version. This very true with long films like Kill Bill.
              >
              > Not to mention "The Raccoons" would have a very limited audience.
              True,
              > parents would take their kids to the theatre for a rare G-rated
              feature
              > film, but it would be aimed at fans of the TV show, with references
              only
              > fans of the show would understand. Theatrically, and I'm not a
              theatre or
              > movie expert but I AM a thinker, I believe it would enjoy a normal
              run,
              > but would not be a studio money-maker.
              >
              > And keep Michael Bay the hell away from it 8)
              >
              > Chris
              > www.chrisfoxx.com

            • Charles
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 20, 2010
                Being a Popples, and Len Carlson fan, theres no further truth that the late great Len was the best Putter! Stevie Louise Vallance was the only voice that made it to the second season, I think. The series went down hill after that. Im a huge fan of the show and merchadise. I would also like to find videos of Raccoons. Picked up a toy in a thrift shop years ago on Vancouver Island of a girl raccoon in a black and pink jumpsuit outfit. Never knew who she was though.