Just Some Questions

  • Erin T. Aardvark
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2008
      Not exactly sure what to title this message, but this is as good a title as any.

      Okay, first off, I would like to say I live by quite a few phrases. One is "Strike While the
      Iron is Hot," which is how I ended up churning out those fanfics on ff.net in the first
      place awhile back. Well, the ol' iron is hot again, though I'm only planning on one more
      new one. I had four new ideas for stories, but I think I'll only do three of them, as I don't
      know where to take the fourth.

      OK, question time! One of my stories is going to involve a new character, Reggie Drake,
      who will be a one-shot (I hope!) Reggie Drake is an anthro duck, who lives in Los
      Angeles, California, and is supposed to be Bert's pen pal. They have a lot in comman.
      They both love hockey, comic books, and peanut butter (of course, Bert more so than
      Reggie). In this story, Reggie comes to visit the Evergreen Forest, where he grew up. He
      lives in LA, because he's enrolled at UCLA. In anycase, Bert learns that Reggie is either
      Dr. Canard's nephew or grandson. I haven't decided which yet, mostly because I'm
      unclear of Dr. Canard's age, and I thought maybe someone here could help me out. I'm
      under the impression (from what I've seen of him, which is only two episodes: Last Legs
      and Stress Test), that he is older. Look wise, and voice wise, to me, he could be old
      enough to have a grandson in his early 20's. Dr. Canard's first name was also never
      revealed on the show, was it?

      My other question has nothing to do with fanfics or the series, it has something to do
      with "Raccoons on Ice." Cedric's hockey jersey. What team was that? I'm only familiar with
      two hockey teams and those are the Mighty Ducks, and the Washington Capitols (the
      latter is because I'm a native of Washington, DC).

      Thanks!

      Erin T. Aardvark
    • cigi27
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5 7:45 PM
        Erin, I believe Cedric's wearing a New York Rangers jersey. I'm not a
        hockey fan, though.

        Which brings up the question... Why wasn't he wearing a Canadian
        team's jersey? :)

        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Erin T. Aardvark"
        <geatornez518@...> wrote:

        > My other question has nothing to do with fanfics or the series, it
        has something to do
        > with "Raccoons on Ice." Cedric's hockey jersey. What team was that?
        I'm only familiar with
        > two hockey teams and those are the Mighty Ducks, and the Washington
        Capitols (the
        > latter is because I'm a native of Washington, DC).
        >

        > Thanks!
        >

        > Erin T. Aardvark

      • Erin T. Aardvark
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11 2:56 PM
          Maybe the Rangers won the Stanley Cup that year.

          I dunno, I am not a hockey afficinado. The only reason I know the Mighty Ducks is
          because I used to watch the Mighty Ducks cartoon series.

          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "cigi27" <cgroves@...> wrote:

          > Erin, I believe Cedric's wearing a New York Rangers jersey. I'm not a
          > hockey fan, though.
          >
          > Which brings up the question... Why wasn't he wearing a Canadian
          > team's jersey? :)
          >
          > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Erin T. Aardvark"
          > <geatornez518@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My other question has nothing to do with fanfics or the series, it
          > has something to do
          > > with "Raccoons on Ice." Cedric's hockey jersey. What team was that?
          > I'm only familiar with
          > > two hockey teams and those are the Mighty Ducks, and the Washington
          > Capitols (the
          > > latter is because I'm a native of Washington, DC).
          > >

          > > Thanks!
          > >

          > > Erin T. Aardvark

        • Dan
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11 5:22 PM
            You're close; Cedric was actually wearing a New York Islanders
            jersey. Probably the reason was because the Islanders were the
            hottest team in the National Hockey League when the special was made.
            The New York Islanders won four consecutive Stanley Cups from 1979 to
            1983.

            --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "cigi27" <cgroves@...> wrote:

            > Erin, I believe Cedric's wearing a New York Rangers jersey. I'm
            > not a hockey fan, though.
            >
            > Which brings up the question... Why wasn't he wearing a Canadian
            > team's jersey? :)
            > > >

            > > Erin T. Aardvark

          • Stephane Dumas
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 12 4:59 AM
              The hockey jersey then Cedric wear in the "Raccoons on ice" was the New York Islanders, during the era when the Islanders won the Stanley cup from 1980 to 1983 with Mike Bossy, Bryan Trottier, Clark Gillis, Billy Smith, Denis Potvin....

              Stéphane Dumas
            • cigi27
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 15 7:26 AM
                Thanks for the correction and the explanation! Yep, I'm definitely not
                a hockey fan - I never heard of the Islanders.

                --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <metrotransitfan@...> wrote:

                > You're close; Cedric was actually wearing a New York Islanders
                > jersey. Probably the reason was because the Islanders were the
                > hottest team in the National Hockey League when the special was made.
                > The New York Islanders won four consecutive Stanley Cups from 1979 to
                > 1983.
              • TServo2049
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 15 7:42 PM
                  In fact, according to an original article from when the show came out,
                  Bossy was a consultant.

                  And if you look at Cedric's jersey, you'll notice that he's wearing
                  number 22...

                  -Jeffrey

                  --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, Stephane Dumas <stephdumas@...>
                  wrote:

                  > The hockey jersey then Cedric wear in the "Raccoons on ice" was the
                  New York Islanders, during the era when the Islanders won the Stanley
                  cup from 1980 to 1983 with Mike Bossy, Bryan Trottier, Clark Gillis,
                  Billy Smith, Denis Potvin....

                  > Stéphane Dumas

                • Erin T. Aardvark
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 16 11:47 AM
                    Ready for some childhood stupidity? For the longest time, I thought his shirt said MY
                    instead of NY. Probably because the N and the Y are sort of interlocked.