Re: DVD WHHOOO HOOOOO

  • cora_cartmell
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In
      > >Neither the VHSs or DVDs are 'UK' compatible (the DVDs are region
      1 encoded
      > >so you'd need to hunt down a R1 or R0 player over here, which
      isn't easy),
      > >and apparently N. American videos don't play on British machines :(

      Hmmm...my VCR plays NTSC videos just fine, and it's not duel deck or
      anything fancy, just a regular old machine. And my DVD player is
      Multi-Region, it plays anything I throw at it...

      I think it's only more recently VCRs that play NTSC tapes over here
      but I could be wrong. I'm no techno-wiz so really I can't say.

      Still is IS possible to get VCRs that play NTSC tapes (well worth the
      money if you're into online tape trading) and Multi-Region DVD
      players aren't at all hard to come by. I bought mine on Amazon.co.uk
      for a mere £60.

      Cora.
    • Michael Wallace
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 3, 2003