The Lost Star

  • treefrog_h2o2003
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hey Guys a few questions,

      Is there anywhere I can get the FULL VERSION of the the opening theme
      (as found in the Lost Star soundtrack? Secondly does the Raccoons air
      anywhere in Canada at the present time? I know they keep bringing it
      back periodically
    • kc9jsq
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
        If the title theme was "run with us" I can get you a copy. I
        have it on MP3. And as far as the show airing in Canada, theres one
        network that does but I can't remember who. This link might help you
        it has alot of information you are looking for:

        http://www.gilsinan.com/raccoons/
      • orville2@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
          Full theme song? Or the full video?

          products.
        • chris@chrisfoxx.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
            > Hey Guys a few questions,
            >
            > Is there anywhere I can get the FULL VERSION of the the opening theme
            > (as found in the Lost Star soundtrack? Secondly does the Raccoons air
            > anywhere in Canada at the present time? I know they keep bringing it
            > back periodically

            Being a Canadian product with an actual fan base, you'd think they'd keep
            it running all the time!

            Chris
            www.chrisfoxx.com
          • orville2@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 7, 2007
              On the "unofficial" Raccoons web site there is a copy on there.. I think. It
              seems to be of a poor quaity. I have copy of the "Evergreen Nights album"
              on CD that has the full track "Run with Us" as well as some of the other songs
              from the show. I also hane the new version of "run with us" done by the
              group called "Spray" they actually made like 4 versions of the song I like the
              Radio Remix version. If you wanna drop me a like I can send you links.

              Go to iTunes and search. Artist: Spray song: Run with Us and check them
              out tho get the tracks from mtraks they aren't coded for security like iTunes
              does otherwise you will not be able to copy the file.
              the best versio (i think) is the Radio remix version. My email is:
              orville2@... I'd be glad to help you with your search.

              Albert

              products.
            • cigi27
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 7, 2007
                The Raccoons are on Teletoon Retro in Canada.

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 8, 2007
                  Hey you know the song that is in the opening credits? Not "run with us"
                  which everyone calls the theme song but the actual theme song is at the
                  begining of the show. There is actually a full length version of it
                  like a 3 to 6 minute song that can be found on the soundtrack for "the
                  lost star" (which i had when i was little but I lost), THATs the song I
                  want.

                  --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, orville2@... wrote:

                  > Full theme song? Or the full video?
                  >

                  > **************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's
                  hottest
                  > products.
                  > (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?
                  NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

                • treefrog_h2o2003
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 8, 2007
                    Hey "Run With Us" is commonly reffered to as the theme song because it
                    is the most well known song and most widely available, but I actually
                    think of the theme song as being that first song in the opening credits
                    where they are introducing all the characters. Well there is an actual
                    full 3 - 5 minute version of this song, which I believe is on the
                    soundtrack for "the lost star". That is the song that I want. I used to
                    have the Vynle of "The Lost Star" soundtrack when I was younger but I
                    lost it :(

                    --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "treefrog_h2o2003"
                    <treefroggyo@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Guys a few questions,
                    >
                    > Is there anywhere I can get the FULL VERSION of the the opening theme
                    > (as found in the Lost Star soundtrack? Secondly does the Raccoons air
                    > anywhere in Canada at the present time? I know they keep bringing it
                    > back periodically

                  • drawah64
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 10, 2007
                      <treefroggyo@...> wrote:

                      > Hey "Run With Us" is commonly reffered to as the theme song because it
                      > is the most well known song and most widely available, but I actually
                      > think of the theme song as being that first song in the opening credits
                      > where they are introducing all the characters. Well there is an actual
                      > full 3 - 5 minute version of this song, which I believe is on the
                      > soundtrack for "the lost star". That is the song that I want. I used to
                      > have the Vynle of "The Lost Star" soundtrack when I was younger but I
                      > lost it :(

                      Wow, that sounds SO great! I never even knew that the Lost Star had a
                      soundtrack album, let alone that an EXTENDED version of the theme song
                      was on it! As a few people here probably know (to the point of
                      annoyance), I really love that song. I'd also love a copy of that.

                      Unfortunately, I don't know if anybody here has a copy of that--
                      nobody's ever even mentioned the existence of a Lost Star soundtrack,
                      to my knowledge. Of course, there's always hope...
                    • rutgersgym
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 10, 2007
                        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "drawah64" <drawah64@...>
                        wrote:

                        > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "treefrog_h2o2003"
                        > <treefroggyo@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hey "Run With Us" is commonly reffered to as the theme song
                        because it
                        > > is the most well known song and most widely available, but I
                        actually
                        > > think of the theme song as being that first song in the opening
                        credits
                        > > where they are introducing all the characters. Well there is an
                        actual
                        > > full 3 - 5 minute version of this song, which I believe is on the
                        > > soundtrack for "the lost star". That is the song that I want. I
                        used to
                        > > have the Vynle of "The Lost Star" soundtrack when I was younger
                        but I
                        > > lost it :(
                        > >

                        > Wow, that sounds SO great! I never even knew that the Lost Star had
                        > soundtrack album, let alone that an EXTENDED version of the theme
                        song
                        > was on it! As a few people here probably know (to the point of
                        > annoyance), I really love that song. I'd also love a copy of that.
                        >
                        > Unfortunately, I don't know if anybody here has a copy of that--
                        > nobody's ever even mentioned the existence of a Lost Star
                        soundtrack,
                        > to my knowledge. Of course, there's always hope...

                        If you find it, or if someone who has it finds you, please put in a
                        word for me too! LS had the best music of the three specials, and
                        was in fact the introduction to several familiar tunes to the series.

                        J.
                      • TServo2049
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 13, 2007
                          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "rutgersgym"
                          <jmfabianorpl@...> wrote:

                          > If you find it, or if someone who has it finds you, please put in a
                          > word for me too! LS had the best music of the three specials, and
                          > was in fact the introduction to several familiar tunes to the
                          series.

                          > J.

                          I didn't know of any soundtrack LP or anything, but Jon Stroll (yes,
                          *the* Jon Stroll) recently burned me a CD with the "best of" the Lost
                          Star score.

                          Unfortunately, most of the Raccoons music no longer exists; as Stroll
                          tells me, the masters were at a recording studio in New York, and
                          they threw them out when they closed down.

                          Stroll only has the Lake Freeze and Evergreen Nights LPs, and a DAT
                          with most of the original 1984 (the year they were
                          recorded) "package" of series BGMs (including the Lost Star tracks
                          used on the series).

                          The CD he burned for me has most of the LS stuff that got re-used on
                          the show, and a couple series cues, all in stereo. Once you hear this
                          music in stereo, you'll understand why I keep harping about stereo
                          and mono versions of the show, and why I'm always searching for
                          stereo versions of the episodes...

                          He played the full DAT for me when I visited him in Thousand Oaks
                          back in June; it has more than what he put on the CD he sent me. I
                          hope that he will make another disc for me in the future.

                          I will post the tracks up gradually. First is the one everyone's been
                          talking about, the Lost Star main title.

                          -Jeffrey
                        • drawah64
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 14, 2007
                            Some very interesting information there, thanks alot for telling us
                            about that! Erk, I can't believe they actually just threw out all that
                            background music! :O

                            I can't express how excited I am about the idea of hearing that music
                            soon! Thank you SO much for sharing this with the group!

                            --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "TServo2049" <tservo2049@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I didn't know of any soundtrack LP or anything, but Jon Stroll (yes,
                            > *the* Jon Stroll) recently burned me a CD with the "best of" the Lost
                            > Star score.
                            >
                            > Unfortunately, most of the Raccoons music no longer exists; as Stroll
                            > tells me, the masters were at a recording studio in New York, and
                            > they threw them out when they closed down.
                            >
                            > Stroll only has the Lake Freeze and Evergreen Nights LPs, and a DAT
                            > with most of the original 1984 (the year they were
                            > recorded) "package" of series BGMs (including the Lost Star tracks
                            > used on the series).
                            >
                            > The CD he burned for me has most of the LS stuff that got re-used on
                            > the show, and a couple series cues, all in stereo. Once you hear this
                            > music in stereo, you'll understand why I keep harping about stereo
                            > and mono versions of the show, and why I'm always searching for
                            > stereo versions of the episodes...
                            >
                            > He played the full DAT for me when I visited him in Thousand Oaks
                            > back in June; it has more than what he put on the CD he sent me. I
                            > hope that he will make another disc for me in the future.
                            >
                            > I will post the tracks up gradually. First is the one everyone's been
                            > talking about, the Lost Star main title.
                            >
                            > -Jeffrey

                          • drawah64
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 14, 2007
                              Oh wait, you've already uploaded it! Ah great, that really is even
                              better in stereo! Again, words cannot express my gratitude! :D

                              I'm really looking forward to hearing more (but don't take that to
                              mean I'm trying to rush you or anything, I'm just really excited and
                              happy about all this).
                              Looking through the files section, one notices that you've really done
                              quite a lot for this fan community! :)
                            • TServo2049
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 15, 2007
                                Not just the background music, the songs too, from what Jon tells
                                me...:(

                                -Jeffrey