What if: A Raccoons video game

  • The missing Mighty Orbot
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      It's too bad there never was a Raccoons video game, given the fact
      that the Raccoons franchise never had the mass merchandising of
      other 80s properties (Transformers, GI Joe, Care Bears,etc.).
      During the time of the specials and the series, it would have neat
      to see a Raccoons video game released either on a console (like the
      Atari 2600, 5200 or 7800; Intellivison; Colecovision; NES; Sega
      Genesis, etc.) or on a home computer (like the Apple II, Commodore
      64, Atari 800, TI-99A, etc.).

      Here's the point of this post. What do you think a Raccoons video
      game would be like? Could you base it on a special like the Xmas
      Raccoons or the Lost Star? What would it be, a sidescrolling
      platformer, an RPG, a graphic adventure, a shoot-em-up? Would you
      take control of Bert, Ralph, or Melissa going through levels facing
      the minions of Cyril Sneer?
    • myshortcut
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        *awakens*

        THat is a cool idea, i always though of a graphic adventure, or RPG,
        something based on the lost star special.

        I did some character sprites at one point for the raccoons myself in
        hopes of makin a rpg, but the software didnt allow sprites that big..
      • The missing Mighty Orbot
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "myshortcut"
          <myshortcut@y...> wrote:
          > *awakens*
          >
          > THat is a cool idea, i always though of a graphic adventure, or
          RPG,
          > something based on the lost star special.
          >
          > I did some character sprites at one point for the raccoons myself
          in
          > hopes of makin a rpg, but the software didnt allow sprites that
          big..

          Yeah, an RPG would be nice or even a graphic adventure.

          For the uninitiated, a graphic adventure is a game where you play a
          character who can interact with its environment (talking to others,
          looking at things, picking up and using items) and must solve
          puzzles involving items they pick up along the way. Examples of
          graphic adventure games would be the King's Quest series, Leisure
          Suit Larry, the Adventures of Willy Beamish, and Sam & Max: Hit the
          Road. Sadly, the genre is all but dead today as there is little
          replay value (why play again when you know how to solve all the
          puzzles?) and most of the elements have been incorporated into other
          game genres like action or RPGs.

          Hmm, I'm trying to picture Raccoons DOOM with your choice of Bert,
          Ralph, or Melissa and them walking around levels taking on Cyril
          Sneer, his pigs, and his bears with weapons like slingshots, water
          guns, bowling balls, BFG 9000s, etc.