Re: the raccoons unreleased episode

  • Michelle Goff
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2007
      hi,
      according to wikipidia, there was an episode that i had never heared of
      that is called, "that darn raccoon"
      it bacicly explains why cyril hated the raccoons so much.
      it says that he was breifly engaged to a millionaress called,
      lady pantalona raccoon, bt she never turned up on the wedding day.
      not sure if this is quite true,
      any thoughts?
      fiver316
    • urthdigger
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 8 2:01 PM
        I suppose that works. There'd probably be SOME reason to explain why
        Cyril has control of the company again, and why Milton Mida, ruined in
        "Headline Hunter", is back on his feet without Cyril having taken over
        every aspect of his business ("I know it's a family business and I
        intend to keep it that way. Of course, you and your family will have
        to go!"). It does seem like a good episode to end on for the sheer
        impact, just the loose ends that are nagging me :P

        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, Rachelle Shelkey
        <teddog_3000@...> wrote:

        > Hrm. Delurking for a moment, but the idea of Go For
        > Gold having some connection to the Olympic Games stuck
        > out.
        >
        > Bert and Lisa, if I remember correctly, were featured
        > in a logo for a Canadian organization connected to the
        > 1992 Olympic games (don't remember if it was winter,
        > summer or both) that promoted an active lifestyle for
        > kids. I can't remember the exact name of the
        > organization, though, but it could be that Go For Gold
        > was intended as a cross-promotion with them. This
        > might explain the episode's location in broadcast
        > order; leaving the kids with something to remember the
        > characters by when Olympics eventually came.
        >
        > Or I could simply be seeing connections where there
        > are none. Just tossing that out there.
        >
        > ::relurks::
        >
        > --- Justin Jackrabbit <ethenandaris@...> wrote:
        >
        > > *salutes back*
        > >
        > > This reminds that I still a couple of requests to
        > > fulfill. Don't worry Fiver, I haven't forgotten. ;-)
        > >
        > > One note I'll add to this thread is just to back
        > > up Jeffery once again. I remember the last time The
        > > Raccoons ran on CBC, the last episode aired was "Go
        > > For Gold". I remember that week well, because the
        > > last week that the show ran in it's 11:30am (EST)
        > > weekday timeslot, they showed the same five eps as
        > > the week prior. I suppose this have been because
        > > they wanted to end specifically on "Go For Gold" as
        > > the show was being pulled to make room for coverage
        > > of the 2000 Summer Olympic Games.
        > >
        > > ~Justin
        > > brother_ralph2 <brother_ralph2@...> wrote:
        > > Check out message #2643 by going to the
        > > messages and typing it into
        > > the message number search bar. Our resident
        > > storyteller Justin
        > > Jackrabbit gave an excellent recount of the episode
        > > that I think will
        > > more than explain the episode. Justin, we salute
        > > your abilities once again.
        > >
        > > As for the episode order it's very difficult to
        > > tell. You can't completely trust the orders given
        > > anywhere online and the order of airing sometimes
        > > doesn't make sense either.
        > >
        > > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "urthdigger"
        > > <urthdigger@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Whenever I saw the "Go for Gold" was the last
        > > episode, I never
        > > really
        > > > questioned it as it seemed natural for the series
        > > to end there, what
        > > > with what happened between Cedric and Cyril. I'm
        > > left with 2
        > > questions
        > > > then:
        > > >
        > > > 1) What is the real order (or at least which
        > > episodes happen between
        > > > "Go for Gold" and "The One That Got Away"?
        > > >
        > > > 2) Could someone send me a summary of what happens
        > > in "The One That
        > > > Got Away"?
        > > >
        > > > --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com,
        > > "brother_ralph2"
        > > > <brother_ralph2@> wrote:

> [...]
        feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at
        http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca