Re: [thenewraccoons] Bert's past

  • meerkat936@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
      doesn't vincent404 talk to him once in a blue moon?
    • The missing Mighty Orbot
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, meerkat936@a... wrote:
        > doesn't vincent404 talk to him once in a blue moon?

        To Bert Raccoon? How can he talk to a fictitious character?

        On another note, it's too bad that we don't have access to the
        series bible of the Raccoons. For the unenlightened, a series bible
        is a book that is created for each animated series. It contains
        things such as pictures and descriptions of the main characters, the
        backstory behind the series, and the "rules" of that particular
        universe. Rarely are they shared with the public since they are
        considered studio property. I'm positive a series bible had to have
        been created for the Raccoons and I'd like to see it.
      • madeleinegirl
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2004
          The bible would definitely raise more questions than
          answers...let's not forget that a bible is written
          BEFORE any of the scripts are, and its main use is a
          tool for the writers to get a 'sense' of the
          characters, and for the producers to sell the show to
          the networks. In most cases, the bible is a very loose
          guideline, nothing more.
          On how Bert met Ralph:
          Ralph (then captain of the Evergreen Forest's hockey
          team) needed a new player after one of the Bears on
          the team died of a hockey-related injury. He recruited
          Bert, who at the time was playing for the St Johns
          Maple Leafs, to join the team, and the rest...is
          history :)
          On a side note...look out for the latest show Kevin
          Gillis has been working on, which has just been picked
          up by Cartoon Network US, UK, Australia, among others,
          and Teletoon in Canada. Called Atomic Betty. Due to
          air next fall, I believe, possibly winter.

          --- The missing Mighty Orbot <thelastorbot@...>
          wrote:
          ---------------------------------
          Strangely enough, we don't seem to know much about
          Bert's past. We
          don't know if he's got any family. How long has he
          exactly known
          Ralph and Melissa?

          The bio on the Raccoons DVDs claim that Bert is their
          friend from
          college, but I don't take the DVD bios as being canon.
          The various
          flashbacks (which we've discussed on the old group)
          seem to suggest
          that Bert, Ralph, and Melissa all knew each other as
          children,
          though that does conflict with the events of "The
          Sky's the Limit"
          where Ralph and Melissa met as adults.

          Anyone out there have theories as to Bert's past, how
          he met Ralph
          and Melissa, and why he lives with them?

          On another note, this is one of the questions I'd love
          to ask Kevin
          Gillis if we could ever contact him somehow. I hope
          he could
          explain or maybe if we had access to the series
          bible...

          Terms of Service.

        • The missing Mighty Orbot
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2004
            --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, madeleinegirl
            <madeleinegirl@y...> wrote:
            > The bible would definitely raise more questions than
            > answers...let's not forget that a bible is written
            > BEFORE any of the scripts are, and its main use is a
            > tool for the writers to get a 'sense' of the
            > characters, and for the producers to sell the show to
            > the networks. In most cases, the bible is a very loose
            > guideline, nothing more.

            Strange. I always thought that a series bible was meant to be
            canon. It's supposed to have the official "rules" of the universe
            and all the vital information on the characters, setting, and
            backstory. Are you sure of your facts concerning bibles?

            > On a side note...look out for the latest show Kevin
            > Gillis has been working on, which has just been picked
            > up by Cartoon Network US, UK, Australia, among others,
            > and Teletoon in Canada. Called Atomic Betty. Due to
            > air next fall, I believe, possibly winter.

            Just might check that out.
          • ]
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
              yeah , hes interviewed here

              http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1967&page=1

              starting on page 2

              > > On a side note...look out for the latest show Kevin
              > > Gillis has been working on, which has just been picked
              > > up by Cartoon Network US, UK, Australia, among others,
              > > and Teletoon in Canada. Called Atomic Betty. Due to
              > > air next fall, I believe, possibly winter.
              > >

              > Just might check that out.
            • madeleinegirl
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
                positive about the bibles, it's definitely not canon.
                guideline only and things can change many many times
                after that :)
                ---------------------------------

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2004
                  also in Variety, World Screen News and Channel 21's
                  online dailies from this past Tuesday if anyone gets
                  the trades. (TV industry mags)

                  --- "]" <flapjack985@...> wrote:
                  ---------------------------------
                  yeah , hes interviewed here

                  http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1967&page=1

                  starting on page 2

                  > > On a side note...look out for the latest show
                  Kevin
                  > > Gillis has been working on, which has just been
                  picked
                  > > up by Cartoon Network US, UK, Australia, among
                  others,
                  > > and Teletoon in Canada. Called Atomic Betty. Due
                  > > air next fall, I believe, possibly winter.
                  > >

                  > Just might check that out.

                  Terms of Service.