Re: [thenewraccoons] Raccoons Livejournal community?

  • Ian Sylvester
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
      I've just logged in/registered. So why don't we give it a try?

      The missing Mighty Orbot <thelastorbot@...> wrote:
      Is anyone here on the blogging service, Livejournal?
      (http://www.livejour nal.com)

      I am and my handle is Skyfirefox.

      I wanted to know because I was interested in setting up a LJ community
      dedicated to the Raccoons TV series. Anyone interested?

    • Dan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
        You're Skyfirefox??? We met just a couple of weeks ago in
        Pittsburgh. Wish I knew that sooner; we could have shared viewpoints
        on various episodes.

        I might be inclined to join your community, though.

        --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, "The missing Mighty Orbot"
        <thelastorbot@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone here on the blogging service, Livejournal?
        > (http://www.livejournal.com)
        >
        > I am and my handle is Skyfirefox.
        >
        > I wanted to know because I was interested in setting up a LJ
        > community dedicated to the Raccoons TV series. Anyone interested?

      • Brian Walmer
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15, 2006
          I hope you all like it, plese Comment:

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Ian Sylvester
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 17, 2006
            Well, at least it's not broken like the another one. Which episodes did you take the clips from?
            Also, if anyone has Spring Fever, could they put it in MP3 on Yahoo Video please? (I've searched the web for clips, but to no avail)

            Brian Walmer <brian_walmer@...> wrote:
            I hope you all like it, plese Comment:

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • zartok35
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 21, 2006
              --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, Ian Sylvester
              <bluecatcinema@...> wrote:
              >Which episodes did you take the clips from?

              Off the top of my head, Join the club, Moving in, Go for gold, and Easy
              money.
            • tailspower2001
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2006
                Will youtube like all on-line media sites sometimes have remove videos
                due to bandwith issues and will put them back up waen the issues are
                resaved.

                <bluecatcinema@...> wrote:

                > Well, at least it's not broken like the another one. Which episodes
                did you take the clips from?
                > Also, if anyone has Spring Fever, could they put it in MP3 on
                Yahoo Video please? (I've searched the web for clips, but to no avail)

                > Brian Walmer <brian_walmer@...> wrote:
                > I hope you all like it, plese Comment:
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHNDHtFWX9Q

                > ---------------------------------
                30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

              • Ian Sylvester
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 28, 2006
                  I'm afraid your videos been removed due to "Terms of use violation".

                  Brian Walmer <brian_walmer@...> wrote:
                  I hope you all like it, plese Comment:

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • none
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 29, 2006
                    The ISP for which I work was an early host for YouTube, and we
                    received multiple DAILY notices from RIAA to remove content. It
                    eventually became so overwhelming that we told YouTube to find another
                    host. I think they took it in-house since then, but as far as I can
                    tell, RIAA is the primary reason this type of content (copyrighted
                    music) gets yanked.

                    Which is rather interesting, since we all know how damned difficult it
                    is to find these specific pieces of music in any offical format these
                    days...

                    A far more profitable business model would be to send modest
                    royalty/licensing "invoices" to anyone caught infriging on their
                    copyright. I bet a goodly portion of people would rather pay a 3.00
                    bill and get to carry on with the use they're making of a song or
                    video and avoid a lawsuit, and it would be far cheaper to send out a
                    few hundred thousand invoices per month (many of which were paid) than
                    paying off lawyers to sue random infringers in order to "make an
                    example" and deter use altogether (most of which get settled and
                    rarely pay much more than lawyer fees).

                    But who am I to assume that the music industry had any substantive
                    powers of logic?

                    MW