Spray 'Run with us'

  • Damien Mildury
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi, here's part of an e-mail I received about UK dance act Spray.
      They are releasing 'Run with us' as a single in the near future -

      Hello all.

      This is the increasingly rare SPRAY MAILING LIST info sheet, chock a
      block with rubbish news.

      We haven't sent out any interesting Spray Info for about six months,
      but here's a quick update. We'll fill you all in fully in the New
      Year when we eventually get to grips with this mailing list, but
      here are the facts, in bullet form:

      1) NEW SPRAY ALBUM: It's called Children Of A Laser God, it's out
      early next year, it's being preceded by a promo single containing
      umpteen remixes of the Raccoons theme 'Run With Us', and it's great.
      The first slight promotional push on this involves one song
      appearing in the new Hollywood blockbuster 'Game Box 1.0',
      (which,er, might not be a blockbuster)

      2) NEW PARTY RECORD: It's called 'The Woah Song' by DJ Daz, it's
      produced by Ric, Jenny sings on it, it's out all across Europe now
      and there's gonna be a big promotional push in January. There's a
      big budget video, Daz has been on German TV promoting it, Pete
      Waterman has signed it for the UK and it samples 'Tarzan Boy' by
      Baltimora. What more, dear reader, could you need?
      http://www.djdaz.co.uk

      3) I AM GOTHIC T-SHIRTS: Still a few left in Large & Small for a
      tenner!

      4) I AM GOTHIC ON THE XBOX: You can dance to 'I Am Gothic' on
      DDR:Ultramix 3, if you're so inclined...

      Have a nice Xmas, peace for the New Year, and love to you all.

      Ric & Jen
      SPRAY
      http://www.myspace.com/sprayuk

      Happy New Year to all Raccoons fans everywhere!

      Damien
    • Patrick McKeon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006

        Alright everyone,

        Did Spray use to be 'The Cuban Boys', if so didn't anyone from Britain remember a song called 'Cognocenti Vs Intelligentsia' which is better known as 'The Hamster(dance) Song', it was a Top 5 hit in both Britain and Ireland at the end of 1999. If Spray do release 'Run with us' it should be released during the summer months if it want to be in the UK Top 20, i bet it WILL be a No1 dance it.

      • Damien Mildury
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
          --- In thenewraccoons@yahoogroups.com, Patrick McKeon
          <imnothereactually@y...> wrote:

          > Alright everyone,
          >
          > Did Spray use to be 'The Cuban Boys', if so didn't anyone from
          Britain remember a song called 'Cognocenti Vs Intelligentsia' which is
          better known as 'The Hamster(dance) Song', it was a Top 5 hit in both
          Britain and Ireland at the end of 1999. If Spray do release 'Run with
          us' it should be released during the summer months if it want to be in
          the UK Top 20, i bet it WILL be a No1 dance it.

          Yeah, Spray sometimes still release material as The Cuban Boys and,
          being a DJ, I still have nightmares about 'The Hamster Dance'. Let's
          hope they do a better job with 'Run with us'!
        • Damien Mildury
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
            Hi, Just a quick note to let you all know that Spray's version of 'Run
            with us' has finally been released with all it's remixes etc. I
            wonder why they've held back until this week? Must have something to
            do with the show being screened on Boomerang here in the UK. Anyway,
            here's the link - http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/?
            trackName=Run+With+Us+-+EP&artistName=Spray&thumbnailUrl=http%3A%2F%
            2Fa1.phobos.apple.com%2Fr10%2FMusic%2F73%2Fce%2F80%
            2Fmzi.sgzfriul.100x100-99.jpg&itmsUrl=itms%3A%2F%
            2Fax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net%2FWebObjects%2FMZStore.woa%2Fwa%
            2FviewAlbum%3Fid%3D180590814%26s%3D143441%26ign-mscache%
            3D1&albumName=Run+With+Us+-+EP heck! what a link! Get downloading
            or ordering and let's get it to No.1!
          • Damien Mildury
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
              Here's a better link for the Spray single -
              http://www.spraynet.co.uk/ Not quite as long this time!