[The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
      I would rather a lengthy bio on a favorite star of mine than a short,
      truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
      you're enjoying Brooksie.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Marc Stenchever
      <marcsten@...> wrote:

      > I started the Paris book over the weekend, and it is an easy, if
      > rather lengthy read. Alas, a single dad, I can't dedicate the time
      > reading in solitude that I would like. I'm lucky to get an hour a
      > night! This the year prediction for completion.
      > Marc
      >

      > On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:53 AM, nutsaboutclara wrote:
      >
      > > I did CLARA BOW-Runnin' Wild(1988), and Tony Curtis' MY
      AUTOBIOGRAPHY
      > > (1993)in a day and a half/two days. Both enjoyable to read.
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      > >
      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com,

      > > > with what all of you are saying.
      Paris

    • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hi, I'm new to the group!  *waves*

        I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books I've ever read, period.  What a fantastic job
        for a truly fantastic woman.

        Jennifer ^_^

        .

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
          YOU BET IT IS, JEN!!! Barry Paris really did his homework with his
          tome on Brooksie. Wasn't it a fun read?

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, SMILEYJEN1@...
          wrote:

          > Hi, I'm new to the group! *waves*
          >
          > I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books
          I've
          > ever read, period. What a fantastic job
          > for a truly fantastic woman.
          >
          > Jennifer ^_^
          >
          > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:14 -0000 nutsaboutclara
          > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:
          > Recent Activity
          > 3New Members
          > 2New Photos
          > Visit Your Group
          > Louise brooks
          > Yahoo! TV
          > Staying in tonight?
          > Check Daily Picks &
          > see what to watch.
          > Yahoo! 360°
          > Start Today
          > Get your own
          > place online
          > Y! GeoCities
          > Share Your Passion
          > Join the web's lar- gest community..I would rather a lengthy bio on
          > favorite star of mine than a short,
          > truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
          > you're enjoying Brooksie.
          >
          > -Dario.

        • Marc Stenchever
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
            It is indeed. As I am reading it, there are alot of things I have heard in documentaries and such, showing that others have lifted their material directly from the text of his book. Praise indeed!
            Marc

          • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 16, 2006
                Well, I do the same thing on my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place,
                Marc. I base my factoids on David Stenn's book on Clara, that he
                published in the late '80s.