Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

  • Marc Stenchever
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 11, 2006
      I started the Paris book over the weekend, and it is an easy, if rather lengthy read. Alas, a single dad, I can't dedicate the time to reading in solitude that I would like. I'm lucky to get an hour a night! This the year prediction for completion.
      Marc

      On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:53 AM, nutsaboutclara wrote:

      I did CLARA BOW-Runnin' Wild(1988), and Tony Curtis' MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY
      (1993)in a day and a half/two days. Both enjoyable to read.

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
        I would rather a lengthy bio on a favorite star of mine than a short,
        truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
        you're enjoying Brooksie.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Marc Stenchever

      • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
          Hi, I'm new to the group!  *waves*

          I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books I've ever read, period.  What a fantastic job
          for a truly fantastic woman.

          Jennifer ^_^

          .

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
            YOU BET IT IS, JEN!!! Barry Paris really did his homework with his
            tome on Brooksie. Wasn't it a fun read?

            -Dario.

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, SMILEYJEN1@...
            wrote:

            > Hi, I'm new to the group! *waves*
            >
            > I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books
            I've
            > ever read, period. What a fantastic job
            > for a truly fantastic woman.
            >
            > Jennifer ^_^
            >
            > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:14 -0000 nutsaboutclara
            > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:
            > Recent Activity
            > 3New Members
            > 2New Photos
            > Visit Your Group
            > Louise brooks
            > Yahoo! TV
            > Staying in tonight?
            > Check Daily Picks &
            > see what to watch.
            > Yahoo! 360°
            > Start Today
            > Get your own
            > place online
            > Y! GeoCities
            > Share Your Passion
            > Join the web's lar- gest community..I would rather a lengthy bio on
            > favorite star of mine than a short,
            > truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
            > you're enjoying Brooksie.
            >
            > -Dario.

          • Marc Stenchever
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
              It is indeed. As I am reading it, there are alot of things I have heard in documentaries and such, showing that others have lifted their material directly from the text of his book. Praise indeed!
              Marc

            • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 16, 2006
                  Well, I do the same thing on my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place,
                  Marc. I base my factoids on David Stenn's book on Clara, that he
                  published in the late '80s.