Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 11, 2006
      Marc, you won't be disappointed when you read Barry's bio on
      Brooksie. It's a great read. I put it up there with David Stenn's
      bio on Clara Bow, and my friend Eve Golden's bio from ten years ago
      on the film's first sex symbol, Theda Bara.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "spaneele59"
      <marcsten@...> wrote:

      > The reviews of the new book I have seen seem to be in line with
      what all of you are saying.
      > Basically, not a biographical work, that being left to the Paris
      book. This one is more of a
      > coffee table format picture book to commemorate the centennial
      more than anything else. I
      > will look for it, and probably end up getting it.
      > By the way, my copy of the Paris book arrived yesterday. HOLY
      MOLY! It will likely take me
      > years to get all through that. If you want a biography, you can't
      do much better than that!
      > Marc

      <no_reply@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > From what little I've about it, it's presentation is quite good,
      but,
      > > it didn't seem very original as far as talking about Brooksie's
      life
      > > and career, especially the chapter relating to her early life.
      But,
      > > the photos are quite good, especially the cover.
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      > >

      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "eaon"
      > > <eaonwalkker@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It's terrific. I work in a bookstore, so I got it right out of
      the
      > > book.
      > > >

      > > > Eaon here, by the way (Hi all!)
      > > >

      > > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com,
      nutsaboutclara

      L.A.,
      > > info

      Wednesday

      > > before)

      > > this
      > > hour

    • Marc Stenchever
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 11, 2006
        I started the Paris book over the weekend, and it is an easy, if rather lengthy read. Alas, a single dad, I can't dedicate the time to reading in solitude that I would like. I'm lucky to get an hour a night! This the year prediction for completion.
        Marc

        On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:53 AM, nutsaboutclara wrote:

        I did CLARA BOW-Runnin' Wild(1988), and Tony Curtis' MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY
        (1993)in a day and a half/two days. Both enjoyable to read.

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
          I would rather a lengthy bio on a favorite star of mine than a short,
          truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
          you're enjoying Brooksie.

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Marc Stenchever

        • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 13, 2006
            Hi, I'm new to the group!  *waves*

            I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books I've ever read, period.  What a fantastic job
            for a truly fantastic woman.

            Jennifer ^_^

            .

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
              YOU BET IT IS, JEN!!! Barry Paris really did his homework with his
              tome on Brooksie. Wasn't it a fun read?

              -Dario.

              --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, SMILEYJEN1@...
              wrote:

              > Hi, I'm new to the group! *waves*
              >
              > I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books
              I've
              > ever read, period. What a fantastic job
              > for a truly fantastic woman.
              >
              > Jennifer ^_^
              >
              > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:14 -0000 nutsaboutclara
              > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:
              > Recent Activity
              > 3New Members
              > 2New Photos
              > Visit Your Group
              > Louise brooks
              > Yahoo! TV
              > Staying in tonight?
              > Check Daily Picks &
              > see what to watch.
              > Yahoo! 360°
              > Start Today
              > Get your own
              > place online
              > Y! GeoCities
              > Share Your Passion
              > Join the web's lar- gest community..I would rather a lengthy bio on
              > favorite star of mine than a short,
              > truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
              > you're enjoying Brooksie.
              >
              > -Dario.

            • Marc Stenchever
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
                It is indeed. As I am reading it, there are alot of things I have heard in documentaries and such, showing that others have lifted their material directly from the text of his book. Praise indeed!
                Marc

              • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006

                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 16, 2006
                    Well, I do the same thing on my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place,
                    Marc. I base my factoids on David Stenn's book on Clara, that he
                    published in the late '80s.