Times reviews new Pandora's Box DVD

  • Doug Berger
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2006
      The New York Times reviews the new Criterion Collection edition of
      "Pandora's Box". There is also a link to the 1929 NY Times of the
      film when it debuted in New York.

      <http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/28/movies/28dvd.html>

      Amazon told me today my copy is on its way.... Yea!

      Doug Berger

      Doug's Views: http://www.dougberger.net/
      Secular Left: http://www.secularleft.us/
      iHumanism: http://www.ihumanism.org/

      "Time passed, which, basically, is its job."
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
        Doug, you'll be interested to know that the film did abysmal business
        at the art house theater that the picture was originally shown in.
        The Louise Brooks biography by Barry Paris talks about it in the
        Pandoras' Box chapter.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Doug Berger