Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
      No, Einstein, not Eisenstein.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry Kollatz
      <harryk@...> wrote:

      > Brooksians:
      >
      > Clara, did you mean Eisenstein, instead? Yeah, I thought
      that "Sex In
      > The City" noise was off thematically and besides the point, but I
      guess
      > they're trying to appeal to demographic that may never have heard
      of Louise
      > Brooks. And sex sells. And Louise is sexy. And elements of Pandora
      are
      > certainly erotic. And it is mostly set in a city.
      >
      > I'm tempted to go see it, but we did a screening here at the Byrd
      > Theatre, a 1928 movie palace, with live music accompaniment. And it
      was
      > grand.
      >
      > Still, to see it in New York with a New York audience would be
      cool.

      > --HEK

    • Harry Kollatz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
        Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!
         Dario and Brooksians:

           Wow, actually seeing and hearing Francis Lederer -- now that's an experience. And Olive, having a video of Pandora's Box before you even possessed a way to see it -- that's devotion. But nothing beats the big screen. Like one of the bandmembers who played for our presentation in Richmond said, "Seeing [Louise] on a television screen was like watching a shadow. But seeing her on the movie screen was like being in her presence." --HEK