Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9, 2006
      I've had the movie since the 1980s, buying even though we didn't
      have a VCR in the house at the time. Would love to see it on the
      big screen at our local old movie palace...

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry
      Kollatz <harryk@...> wrote:
      I'm tempted to go see it, but we did a screening here at the
      Byrd
      > Theatre, a 1928 movie palace, with live music accompaniment.
      And it was

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
        No, Einstein, not Eisenstein.

        -Dario.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
          Olive, if you ever get to watch PANDORA'S BOX(1929)on the big screen,
          you'll won't be disappointed. The very first time I saw PANDORA'S
          BOX on the big screen was back 11 years ago this coming Wednesday.
          In fact, Francis Lederer was the guest speaker after the film was
          shown. Boy, what a treat that was to see the last surviving member
          of PANDORA'S BOX speak before an SRO crowd!

          > I've had the movie since the 1980s, buying even though we didn't
          > have a VCR in the house at the time. Would love to see it on the
          > big screen at our local old movie palace...
          >
          > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry
          > Kollatz <harryk@> wrote:
          > I'm tempted to go see it, but we did a screening here at the
          > Byrd
          > > Theatre, a 1928 movie palace, with live music accompaniment.
          > And it was
          > > grand.
          > >
          > > Still, to see it in New York with a New York audience would be
          > cool.
          > >
          > > --HEK

        • Harry Kollatz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
            Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!
             Dario and Brooksians:

               Wow, actually seeing and hearing Francis Lederer -- now that's an experience. And Olive, having a video of Pandora's Box before you even possessed a way to see it -- that's devotion. But nothing beats the big screen. Like one of the bandmembers who played for our presentation in Richmond said, "Seeing [Louise] on a television screen was like watching a shadow. But seeing her on the movie screen was like being in her presence." --HEK