Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!

  • Harry Kollatz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9, 2006
      Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!
        Brooksians:

          Clara, did you mean Eisenstein, instead? Yeah, I thought that "Sex In The City" noise was off thematically and besides the point, but I guess they're trying to appeal to demographic that may never have heard of Louise Brooks. And sex sells. And Louise is sexy. And elements of Pandora are certainly erotic. And it is mostly set in a city.

         I'm tempted to go see it, but we did a screening here at the Byrd Theatre, a 1928 movie palace, with live music accompaniment. And it was grand.

         Still, to see it in New York with a New York audience would be cool.

        --HEK
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9, 2006
        I've had the movie since the 1980s, buying even though we didn't
        have a VCR in the house at the time. Would love to see it on the
        big screen at our local old movie palace...

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
          No, Einstein, not Eisenstein.

          -Dario.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
            Olive, if you ever get to watch PANDORA'S BOX(1929)on the big screen,
            you'll won't be disappointed. The very first time I saw PANDORA'S
            BOX on the big screen was back 11 years ago this coming Wednesday.
            In fact, Francis Lederer was the guest speaker after the film was
            shown. Boy, what a treat that was to see the last surviving member
            of PANDORA'S BOX speak before an SRO crowd!

            > I've had the movie since the 1980s, buying even though we didn't
            > have a VCR in the house at the time. Would love to see it on the
            > big screen at our local old movie palace...
            >
            > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry
            > Kollatz <harryk@> wrote:
            > I'm tempted to go see it, but we did a screening here at the
            > Byrd
            > > Theatre, a 1928 movie palace, with live music accompaniment.
            > And it was
            > > grand.
            > >
            > > Still, to see it in New York with a New York audience would be
            > cool.
            > >
            > > --HEK

          • Harry Kollatz
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
              Re: Sex In The City - Brooksie style!
               Dario and Brooksians:

                 Wow, actually seeing and hearing Francis Lederer -- now that's an experience. And Olive, having a video of Pandora's Box before you even possessed a way to see it -- that's devotion. But nothing beats the big screen. Like one of the bandmembers who played for our presentation in Richmond said, "Seeing [Louise] on a television screen was like watching a shadow. But seeing her on the movie screen was like being in her presence." --HEK