Lulu in Rochester...

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2006
      FROM HOLLYWOOD TO ROCHESTER: THE LIFE OF LOUISE
      BROOKS

      Sponsored in collaboration with the Little Theater
      Thursday, April 20th, 6:15 pm - 9:00 pm
      The Little Theater, 240 East Avenue
      Rochester, NY 14604

      $15 for RHS members, $18 for non-members

      This November 14th will mark the 100th anniversary of the birth
      of film icon Louise Brooks. Conventional wisdom holds that
      Brooks Ñ a cult figure in American and European pop culture,
      and one of the most recognizable symbols of the Jazz Age Ñ
      ended her career in the late 1930s, only to spend the remainder
      of her life in seclusion. Here in Rochester, we know that this is
      only partly true, and certainly misleading. In 1956 at the urging of
      George Eastman House film curator James Card, Brooks set up
      home at 7 North Goodman Street and began a second, if less
      visible, career as a respected film scholar and critic. Never one
      to pass quietly, this one-time femme fatale left many a biting
      critique.

      Join us at the Little Theater for a special showing of BrooksÕs
      legendary film PandoraÕs Box, along with a talk by Rochester
      Democrat and Chronicle film critic and Brooks acquaintance
      Jack Garner.

      For reservations, call Karen McCally at (585)271-2705 or email
      at kmccally@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2006
        I wish the organizers of this event great success.