Re: Brooksie's Movie

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17 11:54 AM
      The reviewer seems a bit too tough of silent films, isn't he?

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "l_a_sombre"

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17 11:20 PM
        I didn't see that at all in the review. He does note that because it
        was converted from PAL to NTSC it's speeded up about 4%
        which seems like something that ought to be fixed before
        releasing this.

        Anyway the sound films released in the period of 1927 to 1933
        do have a awkward, stilted, just-getting-used-to-the-technology
        feel to a lot of them that can grate on you with repeated viewing.

        nutsaboutclara <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > The reviewer seems a bit too tough of silent films, isn't he?

        "l_a_sombre"

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18 10:17 AM
          True, but that's what makes early talkies so much fun to watch,
          because of the ackwardness of the individual pictures in question.