Brooksie's Movie

  • l_a_sombre
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
      Thoguht everyone might like to read this review:

      http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20161
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
        The reviewer seems a bit too tough of silent films, isn't he?

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "l_a_sombre"

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
          I didn't see that at all in the review. He does note that because it
          was converted from PAL to NTSC it's speeded up about 4%
          which seems like something that ought to be fixed before
          releasing this.

          Anyway the sound films released in the period of 1927 to 1933
          do have a awkward, stilted, just-getting-used-to-the-technology
          feel to a lot of them that can grate on you with repeated viewing.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2006
            True, but that's what makes early talkies so much fun to watch,
            because of the ackwardness of the individual pictures in question.