Re: Louise Brooks' home in Wichita...

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
      Thanks for the photo, imperator. It's a shame that Kansas officials
      didn't think to place a marker of some kind, so that people know who
      she was and what she did. Hardly anyone knows who Louise Brooks was or
      is nowadays.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "Das Dampfschiff
      Imperator" <dasimperator@a...> wrote:

      > 924 North Topeka Ave. Wichita KS via Google Maps
      >
      > http://maps.google.com/maps?
      q=924+North+Topeka+Street+Wichita+Kansas&ll=37.700588,-
      97.334254&spn=0.003443,0.007604&t=h&hl=en

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
        nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the photo, imperator. It's a shame that Kansas
        officials
        > didn't think to place a marker of some kind, so that people
        know who
        > she was and what she did. Hardly anyone knows who Louise
        Brooks was or
        > is nowadays.
        >
        > -Dario.

        Here's what the old pile used to look like...

        http://www.pandorasbox.com/images/livejournal/LBhome.jpg

        If I'd been Brooksie I'dve called 'dibs' on the turret room...
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
          Wow, what a quaint, little house. Very comfy, and very Victorian.