Louise Brooks' home in Wichita...

  • Das Dampfschiff Imperator
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
      924 North Topeka Ave. Wichita KS via Google Maps

      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=924+North+Topeka+Street+Wichita+Kansas&ll=37.700588,-97.334254&spn=0.003443,0.007604&t=h&hl=en

      Or at least where it used to be...
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
        Thanks for the photo, imperator. It's a shame that Kansas officials
        didn't think to place a marker of some kind, so that people know who
        she was and what she did. Hardly anyone knows who Louise Brooks was or
        is nowadays.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "Das Dampfschiff

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
          nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the photo, imperator. It's a shame that Kansas
          officials
          > didn't think to place a marker of some kind, so that people
          know who
          > she was and what she did. Hardly anyone knows who Louise
          Brooks was or
          > is nowadays.
          >
          > -Dario.

          Here's what the old pile used to look like...

          http://www.pandorasbox.com/images/livejournal/LBhome.jpg

          If I'd been Brooksie I'dve called 'dibs' on the turret room...
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
            Wow, what a quaint, little house. Very comfy, and very Victorian.