Today was Bogart day on TCM

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
      Of interest are the movies 'Across the Pacific' and Treasure of
      the Sierra Madre, a couple films remarked on by Louise Brooks
      in her essay on Humphrey Bogart in 'Lulu in Hollywood'.

      She noted the sexual self-confidence of Bogey as he compares
      his pistol with that of Sidney Greenstreet "Mine's bigger than
      yours" as well an extended dissertation on the difference
      between the man and the Hollywood image.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Yup. I read that essay in passing recently, Olive. Bogie certainly
        had that magnetism on women. Brooksie should know. She saw him on
        stage in the '20s.