It seems Grapevine Video is still with us.

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2005
      They're offering a couple Louise Brooks titles on DVD including
      Beggars of Life and A Girl in Every Port.

      http://www.grapevinevideo.com/Domestic_Releases.htm

      Beggars of Life for $18.95

      http://www.grapevinevideo.com/Beggars_Of_Life.htm

      A Girl in Every Port $18.95

      http://www.grapevinevideo.com/Girl_In_Every_Port.htm

      They'd decided to retire from the business a while back but I
      guess they got sick of waiting in line at the golf course behind OJ
      Simpson, Micheal Jackson and Robert Blake...
    • harry_kollatz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2005
        Brooksians; This is great news, but I wonder what condition the "Beggars"
        print is in and what kind of music there is; I'm tempted to get it as the one I
        have is an eBay bootleg with a random Classical music soundtrack that owes
        more to film-to-tape home movie dupes than knowledge of silent film music
        beds. --HEK
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2005
          Their VHS transfers weren't all that great so if you can find a
          better print from Kino or some other company you'd be better off.
          To be honest I wasn't paying attention to the musical track.

          Back in 1989 I'd purchased a copy of Pandoras Box from Movies
          Unlimited that still holds up fairly well. Soundtrack was piano
          accompanyment

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12, 2005
            I already bought those Brooksie DVD's two years ago, Olive. I guess
            that Jack Hardy had a few left over that he wanted to sell.