A few images from Lulupalooza

  • Harry Kollatz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2005
      Greetings, all: I frankly don't know how to add images to this site, so if
      anybody wants to, here they are. All pictures taken by Amie Oliver. More
      will come, if you want to see them. I may try to add a gallery page to the
      Lulupalooza site, but I'd rather put them in places where folks are
      accustomed to going.

      1) Louise on the screen at the Firehouse. Can you name the film?
      2)Noel and Elizabeth Cusack and me in front of the Byrd Theater prior to the
      screening of Pandora's Box. The Byrd is a 1929 movie house. Elizabeth
      portrayed "Louise" in Lulupalooza's staged reading that evening at the
      Firehouse Theater of Smoking With Lulu. The poster behind us was one of six
      raffled and are repros of the French poster for Pandora. I'm carrying Paris'
      Louise Brooks under my arm. During the festival I referred to it as the Good
      Book and periodically read pertinent passages.
      3) This is a scene from Smoking With Lulu. Elizabeth Cusack (Louise), Mark
      Adams (Kenneth Tynan), Stephanie Kelley (Lulu)
      4) Martini hour after Smoking. The cluster of people in upper center are
      bending over the lit display cabinet that held a small trove of original
      stills and images, and an opened copy of Portrait of An Anti-Star, all
      provided by an Australian festival-goer.
      5) Mercutia and me introducing a film. Must be Love'em and Leave'em.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2005
        Unfortunately images didn't load - Yahoo no longer attaches files to
        mailings. Your best bet is to load them to whatever webspace you have
        and link from there. Load to the photosection. It's pretty easy to do
        and they give instructions.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Harry Kollatz

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2005
          God! I wish Yahoo! had CEO's, who can change the rules a bit in this
          site. Yahoo! has some really dumb rules that can make a blind man
          see with anger.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2005
            The problem might've been my fault as I'd checked message
            setting and it was set to disallow attachments. Changed it to
            allow attachments since new member posts are moderated and
            presumably we can catch people trying to send along viruses
            and malware.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2005
              Still, Yahoo! better get it's (CENSORED)together, because they've
              been doing stupid stuff to my mailbox, like place eBay e-mail in the
              Bulk folder where it should be. I've complained to them until I'm
              blue in the face, but nothing. JERKS!!!

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 27, 2005
                For no good reason Yahoo has been intermittantly refusing to
                respond to my main internet browser (MSIE5 for Mac) over the
                last month. Mail and Group pages would sit blank for about 5
                minutes before finally loading. Had to switch to a different
                browser that we don't really like using to get at Yahoo.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2005
                  Oh brother! It's the company's bureaucracy that makes me mad.