Almost tempted to have a go at this...

    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 10:25 PM
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7516398786

      1966 Signed letter and photo from Louise Brooks. At around $107 bux last
      time I looked...

      From the auction...

      You are bidding on an 8 1Ú2Ó x 11Ó letter and 8Ó x 10Ó glossy photograph of
      film legend Louise Brooks. These items were acquired with a collection of
      Brooks items saved by Fritzi Striebel who was the wife of John H.
      Striebel(artist and illustrator ) who used Louise as his model for Dixie Dugan-
      famous comic strip character he created in 1928.

      The type written letter is dated November 2, 1966- address 7 North
      Goodman Street, Rochester N.Y. 14607 and reads:

      Dear Fritzi

      The Louise Brooks Cult, which I expected to die a mouse death long ago,
      continues to grow. It was born with my German films, but now my American
      films are being shown and the cultist have heard about Dixie Dugan. Since
      the ÒcampÓ films, following the comic strip technique, are so popular now,
      people want proof of my puss in JohnÕs strip.

      For an article I am writing on the director Mal St Clair, who began as a
      cartoonist on the sports page of a Low Angeles paper and was one of the
      first directors to apple the comic strip technique to films in the twenties,
      could you send me some of the strips of the twenties when Dixie looked like
      me?

      Unfortunately I cannot ask James Card of Eastman House for a copy of the
      frame he used on the September 1956 IMAGE. When I asked him to return
      the few stills of myself I had lent to E H, he said that I had given them to
      him. They now lie hidden and useless somewhere because he also told his
      boss that he had returned them to me.

      (Edward Steichen was a darling and replaced his portrait of me by sending
      me another print.)

      I will have the strips photographed and return the originals to you
      immediately.

      SHORT AND SOUND of London is publishing my article, HUMPHREY AND
      BOGEY in January. And Secker and Warburg of London will Publish my
      collected essays. I was DIXIE DUGAN for this book too.

      Love Louise Brooks

      This letter has been folded (when mailed), minor creasing, two small edge
      tears and discoloration from age The black and white photograph is signed
      in pencil on the reverse: Louise Brooks (same signature as on the letter) the
      American Venus- Frank Tuttle- scenic still Para(mount) 1926. Return to
      Louise Brooks(same signature in purple pencil). Good overall condition
      appears to have been removed from a scrapbook. I assume this publicity
      still photo is a reprint that Louise was going to use in her book or essays.
      As is mentioned in the 1966 letter to Fritzi. Unique pair of Louise Brooks
      memorabilia!
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18 12:54 PM
        WOW!!! Good luck to you on your bidding, Olive!

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22 10:41 PM
          As of this posting it's up to $626 bux - a wee bit out of my reach....

          Message 4 of 5 , May 23 10:54 AM
            Oh gosh, that is a trifle expensive, isn't it?

            Message 5 of 5 , May 23 12:25 PM
              A pittance compared to the 1500 bux this fellow in the UK wants for a print
              of someone he now can only say 'looks' like Louise.

              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7324824680