[The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: Another Louise Link

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 10:49 AM
      KD: Those quotes that you posted from the mid-'20s about Brooksie are
      used in the Barry Paris book about Brooksie. Great stuff!

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, KD Opdello
      <kdo4442000@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the Thanks.
      > That Italian site does have some interesting stuff - even for those
      of us,
      > (such as myself), who can't read Italian.
      > For example:
      > http://xoomer.virgilio.it/louisebrooks/ballerinaV.htm
      > Reviews of "The Ziegfeld Follies" that mention Louise Brooks:
      >
      > G. V. C., "American" (NY), July 7, 1925
      > (...) Lina Basquette and Louise Brooks were animated things of joy.
      Both beautiful girls, both remarkable dancers and both so vivacious
      that one's blood tingles within thirty seconds after either one
      starts a dance (...)

      > Bide Dudley, "Evening World" (NY), July 8, 1925
      > (...) a distinct hit was made last night by Louise Brooks, who is
      dancing in several numbers (...)

      > Stephen Rathburn, "Sun" (NY), July 8, 1925
      > (...) last but not least, there is Louise Brooks, a charming
      brunette, who dances engagingly and has real personality. She would
      be a welcome addition to any revue (...)

      > For someone who understands Italian, this site looks like it would
      be a treasure trove of info.

      > KD
      >

      > nutsaboutclara <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > WOW!!! That's a great site of Brooksie from Italy! I must
      compliment
      > you, KD, for finding those rare Brooksie sites from around the
      world.
      > Kudos to you for a job well done.
      >
      > -Dario.
      >

      > --- In
      > thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, KD Opdello
      <kdo4442000@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Italian language site:
      > >

      > > http://xoomer.virgilio.it/louisebrooks/

      Service.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 10:51 AM
        Same here. It seems to be working fine.

        <kdo4442000@y...> wrote:
        > I just tried that Italian site again - and it's working for me.
        > Althought a couple of times when I tried to go there I would run
        into problems.
        > The site won't load or I'd get this message:
        > "566 Response HTTP Version Unsupported:
        > This Web page could not be opened with the specified browser HTTP
        version. Please contact the owner of this Web page for more
        information."
        > (That "566 Response" would happen when using AOL browser, but
        switching browsers to Explorer, Firefox, Opera, or Netscape it would
        work fine.)