Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: Another Louise Link

  • KD Opdello
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 6:21 PM
      I just tried that Italian site again - and it's working for me.
      Althought a couple of times when I tried to go there I would run into problems.
      The site won't load or I'd get this message:
      "566 Response HTTP Version Unsupported:
      This Web page could not be opened with the specified browser HTTP version. Please contact the owner of this Web page for more information."
      (That "566 Response" would happen when using AOL browser, but switching browsers to Explorer, Firefox, Opera, or Netscape it would work fine.)
      So maybe it just depends upon when you go there if it's going to work or not.
      But like I said, I was just able to go there - so at least it isn't completely dead.

      Good Luck,
      KD

      olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      That Italian page seems to have shut down.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, KD

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 10:49 AM
        KD: Those quotes that you posted from the mid-'20s about Brooksie are
        used in the Barry Paris book about Brooksie. Great stuff!

        -Dario.

        <kdo4442000@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the Thanks.
        > That Italian site does have some interesting stuff - even for those
        of us,
        > (such as myself), who can't read Italian.
        > For example:
        > http://xoomer.virgilio.it/louisebrooks/ballerinaV.htm
        > Reviews of "The Ziegfeld Follies" that mention Louise Brooks:
        >
        > G. V. C., "American" (NY), July 7, 1925
        > (...) Lina Basquette and Louise Brooks were animated things of joy.
        Both beautiful girls, both remarkable dancers and both so vivacious
        that one's blood tingles within thirty seconds after either one
        starts a dance (...)

        > Bide Dudley, "Evening World" (NY), July 8, 1925
        > (...) a distinct hit was made last night by Louise Brooks, who is
        dancing in several numbers (...)

        > Stephen Rathburn, "Sun" (NY), July 8, 1925
        > (...) last but not least, there is Louise Brooks, a charming
        brunette, who dances engagingly and has real personality. She would
        be a welcome addition to any revue (...)

        > For someone who understands Italian, this site looks like it would
        be a treasure trove of info.

        > KD
        >

        > nutsaboutclara <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > WOW!!! That's a great site of Brooksie from Italy! I must
        compliment
        > you, KD, for finding those rare Brooksie sites from around the
        world.
        > Kudos to you for a job well done.
        >
        > -Dario.
        >

        > --- In