AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: Mary Pickford

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
      Did anyone in this group watch the AMERICAN EXPERIENCE episode of Mary
      Pickford last night? What did you think of it? I thought it was fine,
      but it could have more in depth with Mary's films and her life off-
      camera. I thought that Kevin Brownlow and Pickford biographers Scott
      Eyman and Eileen Whitfield added class to this piece, which was
      sentimental and sweet. Jeannine Basinger should not have been added to
      the list of experts, because she self-absorbed, arrogant, and not at
      all well-informed of the silent film era. Plus, it should have been
      three hours long, not 90 minutes.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
        I saw it and taped it on the trusty old Betamax. Probably should've DVD'd it.

        Others on other boards have said That A&E Biography would've done a better job.
        At least they should've stretched it to 2 hours instead of 90 minutes. That would've
        filled out the L-500 Beta tape I recorded it with.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2005
          Well you're lucky, Olive, because after the program ended, PBS said
          that they have Monday night's episode on video and DVD, both priced
          at $24.95.