Re: Mary Pickford to be featured in episode of PBS's American Experience series

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005

      > You're right, Olive. Everything in Canada is done backwards!(Sorry,
      > eh, to you Canadian Brooksie fans outthere, eh!) By the way, Olive,
      > what do you think of AMERICAN EXPERIENCE doing a bio on Louise?
      > Wouldn't that be something?
      >
      > -Dario.

      From a historical standpoint Louise Brooks didn't really have much of an impact -
      certainly not like Mary Pickford or Chaplin. Brooks was an up and coming starlet in
      her day that got shot down by circumstances just as she should've been crossing
      over into the 'big time'. Even her greatest film 'Pandora's Box' was largely ignored
      (and heavily censored) from the time it came out till the 1950s.

      Anyway TCM did a Louise Brooks bio a few years back - that if anyone can put on
      a DVD and send me, I'll make a similar DVD of my Louise Brooks movies...
    • Jacques du Bois
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
        Olive

        I have that documentary- if you would like, please email me off list
        and I'll get you a copy.

        cheers,
        James
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          I think that DVD on Brooksie's life is already on sale through Movies
          Unlimited or DVD Planet. They might have it.