Re: Interesting Brook-alike spotting...

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2005
      nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Didn't Barry Paris mention the fact that Brooksie's picture was
      used
      > for that original version of THE MALTESE FALCON?
      >
      > -Dario.

      I don't know for sure, but it's not indexed in his book and wasn't
      mentioned in the chapters dealing with her return from Europe
      (around 1931-ish).
    • Perri Lee Leuthard
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
        I looked on the tv schedules for tcm for usa and uk and I could not find it. Perri Lee

        olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        Was watching the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon (AKA The
        Dangerous Female) on TCM this morning and couldn't help
        noting a portrait of what looked a lot like Louise Brooks hanging
        on the wall of Sam Spade's apartment...

        Perri Lee Leuthard

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
          Hmm.....I thought it was.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
            It was on during this last week or so under the alternate title "The
            Dangerous Female"

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Perri Lee
            Leuthard <cheaptrickaz@y...> wrote:
            > I looked on the tv schedules for tcm for usa and uk and I could
            not find it. Perri Lee

            > olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > Was watching the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon (AKA
            The
            > Dangerous Female) on TCM this morning and couldn't help
            > noting a portrait of what looked a lot like Louise Brooks
            hanging
            > on the wall of Sam Spade's apartment...

            Service.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
              Actually, that movie title is not a bad nickname for Brooksie.
              Louise was dangerous to a lot of men she knew, both romantically and
              otherwise.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                Olive:
                Would you like to join my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place?
                I'll bet you you'll like it a lot.

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                  nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                  > Olive:
                  > Would you like to join my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place?
                  > I'll bet you you'll like it a lot.
                  >
                  > -Dario.

                  Link?
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
                    No, it's not in the 'Link' section of this site. The URL for Clara's
                    Place is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clarasplace Just follow the
                    instructions and you're in like Flynn.