Interesting Brook-alike spotting...

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
      Was watching the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon (AKA The
      Dangerous Female) on TCM this morning and couldn't help
      noting a portrait of what looked a lot like Louise Brooks hanging
      on the wall of Sam Spade's apartment...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 19, 2005
        Didn't Barry Paris mention the fact that Brooksie's picture was used
        for that original version of THE MALTESE FALCON?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2005
          nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Didn't Barry Paris mention the fact that Brooksie's picture was
          used
          > for that original version of THE MALTESE FALCON?
          >
          > -Dario.

          I don't know for sure, but it's not indexed in his book and wasn't
          mentioned in the chapters dealing with her return from Europe
          (around 1931-ish).
        • Perri Lee Leuthard

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
              Hmm.....I thought it was.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
                It was on during this last week or so under the alternate title "The
                Dangerous Female"

                --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Perri Lee
                Leuthard <cheaptrickaz@y...> wrote:
                > I looked on the tv schedules for tcm for usa and uk and I could
                not find it. Perri Lee

                > olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > Was watching the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon (AKA
                The
                > Dangerous Female) on TCM this morning and couldn't help
                > noting a portrait of what looked a lot like Louise Brooks
                hanging
                > on the wall of Sam Spade's apartment...

                Service.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                  Actually, that movie title is not a bad nickname for Brooksie.
                  Louise was dangerous to a lot of men she knew, both romantically and
                  otherwise.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                    Olive:
                    Would you like to join my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place?
                    I'll bet you you'll like it a lot.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                      nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                      > Olive:
                      > Would you like to join my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place?
                      > I'll bet you you'll like it a lot.
                      >
                      > -Dario.

                      Link?
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
                        No, it's not in the 'Link' section of this site. The URL for Clara's
                        Place is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clarasplace Just follow the
                        instructions and you're in like Flynn.