Brooksie on Jeopardy

  • uncleagent_solo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      Just got done watching the double Jeopardy round and the catagory
      was, "Yesterday's Hotties". The $2000 clue was a picture of our very
      own Brooksie which of course none of the three schmoes could answer
      but all of us would have gotten before Trebek starting speaking the
      clue.

      Marc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2005
        Oh brother! Well, that goes to show how stupid people have become
        over the past 20 years or so. Too bad I missed that 'Jeopardy'
        episode. What was the question that Alex asked?

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, uncleagent_solo

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
          To be fair, the name Louise Brooks is not exactly a household
          word these days. Her movies aren't in heavy rotation at TCM and
          otherwise doesn't get seen much in today's media although
          fashion mags still show pix of her once in a while. Identifying her
          was probably well worth the $2000 prize they offered...

          By the way Alex gives the answer and you have to form the
          question on Jeopardy

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
            True. But Brooksie's name was not exactly a household word in
            the '20s either. She never had a star-making picture like Clara Bow
            did with IT(1927).