Fwd: [visna] Louise Brooks Talks

  • KD Opdello
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Received this, regarding some Louise audio clips, and thought I'd pass it along here:
      (I haven't checked them out yet, myself)

      "Ever Wondered what Louise Brooks sounds like
      Here are a few sound clips from an interview
      I had to cut out some other bits as they made clips too big
      She is basically taliking about her movie Pandoras Box and Hollywood
      By the way I bought Pandoras Box DVD the other day and it is great
      and has a really good Documentary too.
      The Documentary was so good I almost forgot about the film
      The Documentary is narated by Shirley Mcclaine and she starts the Doc
      by saying:
      'Nobody burned as many bridges as Louise Brooks.

      And when you watch the Doc you see why.
      I couldn't help thinking of the similiarity between Louise Brooks and
      Bettie Page.

      They could of done soo much more, but almost because they didn't they
      are unforgettable.
      So what is success?"

      Home:

      test'; ">

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
        You can always get a copy of DIARY OF A LOST GIRL(1929)from Kino. It
        has the 1931 short that Brooksie was in, called WINDY RILEY GOES
        HOLLYWOOD. That is best example of seeing Brooksie talk on screen.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, KD Opdello

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
          God's Gift to Women also had Louise Brooks in a speaking
          role...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
            I have to see that one, Olive. That film features Frank Fay, who was
            in one of Marilyn's earlier films, LOVE NEST(1951).