Re: DVD of all my Louise Brooks movies to anyone willing to record this for me!

  • clarbow
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
      Thank you for the heads up on that! Don't think we get Starz
      Western - but I do have the film on DVD as well--- You mentioned
      that you have Beggers of Life, The Show Off, Pandora's Box & Diary
      of a Lost Girl - I have a few other Louise Brooks features in
      addition to that - I have God's Gift to Women, It's the Old Army
      Game, A Girl in Every Port, and Love em and Leave em. Please visit
      my website at
      http://www.clarabow.net/videosforsale/videosforsaleeu.html I have
      lots of other stuff there as well - available on both VHS and DVD.

      Bill
      In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Overland Stage Raiders to be broadcast this December!
      >
      > Louise Brooks' last film, Overland Stage Raiders (1938), will be
      > broadcast in theÊUnited StatesÊon the STARZ Westerns cable
      > station on December 8th at 1:15 pm, and again on December
      > 21st atÊ4:30 pm and December 28th atÊ4:00 am. ItÊwill alsoÊbe
      > shown onÊthe MOVIEplex cable station on December 8th at 2:15
      > pm. Consult your local listing for further deatils.
      >
      > Overland Stage Raiders (1938) is not a great film, but is worth
      > seeing because Louise Brooks is featured in it.ÊThough she
      > then sported a brushed-back 1930's hairstyle (and not her
      > trademark bob), she still looked quite lovely at age 31. The film
      > isÊapproximately 55 minutes long, and is considered part of the
      > "Three Mesquiteers" series. Brooks co-stars along with John
      > Wayne, Ray CorriganÊand MaxÊTerhune.
      >
      > Interestingly, because it starred John Wayne (before he made it
      > big in the movies), this otherwise b-grade picture has
      > occassionally beenÊshown theatrically in the United States in the
      > decades since its release. These screenings tool place in the
      > 1940's and 1950's. The film was also shown on television in the
      > 1970's. I wonder how many viewers then recognized the once
      > and future Lulu?
      >
      > I have Beggers of Life, The Show Off, Pandora's Box & Diary of a
      > Lost Girl. Will transfer all for to a DVD and throw in a copy of
      E!'s
      > Hollywood Mysteries & Scandals - Louise Brooks if it fits.
    • clarbow
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
          That's great, Olive! Please tell us how the telecast went.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
            nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > That's great, Olive! Please tell us how the telecast went.
            >
            > -Dario.

            Sadly I live on the east coast and I only have basic cable - no pay
            TV channels so if anyone on the west coast would be so kind as
            to record that and send me a copy in tape or DVD I would run off
            a DVD of my Lousie Brooks stuff..
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
              Did ANYONE ever get a recording of that? I'd still like to get a
              copy...