DVD of all my Louise Brooks movies to anyone willing to record this for me!

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
      Overland Stage Raiders to be broadcast this December!

      Louise Brooks' last film, Overland Stage Raiders (1938), will be
      broadcast in theÊUnited StatesÊon the STARZ Westerns cable
      station on December 8th at 1:15 pm, and again on December
      21st atÊ4:30 pm and December 28th atÊ4:00 am. ItÊwill alsoÊbe
      shown onÊthe MOVIEplex cable station on December 8th at 2:15
      pm. Consult your local listing for further deatils.

      Overland Stage Raiders (1938) is not a great film, but is worth
      seeing because Louise Brooks is featured in it.ÊThough she
      then sported a brushed-back 1930's hairstyle (and not her
      trademark bob), she still looked quite lovely at age 31. The film
      isÊapproximately 55 minutes long, and is considered part of the
      "Three Mesquiteers" series. Brooks co-stars along with John
      Wayne, Ray CorriganÊand MaxÊTerhune.

      Interestingly, because it starred John Wayne (before he made it
      big in the movies), this otherwise b-grade picture has
      occassionally beenÊshown theatrically in the United States in the
      decades since its release. These screenings tool place in the
      1940's and 1950's. The film was also shown on television in the
      1970's. I wonder how many viewers then recognized the once
      and future Lulu?

      I have Beggers of Life, The Show Off, Pandora's Box & Diary of a
      Lost Girl. Will transfer all for to a DVD and throw in a copy of E!'s
      Hollywood Mysteries & Scandals - Louise Brooks if it fits.
    • clarbow
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
        Thank you for the heads up on that! Don't think we get Starz
        Western - but I do have the film on DVD as well--- You mentioned
        that you have Beggers of Life, The Show Off, Pandora's Box & Diary
        of a Lost Girl - I have a few other Louise Brooks features in
        addition to that - I have God's Gift to Women, It's the Old Army
        Game, A Girl in Every Port, and Love em and Leave em. Please visit
        my website at
        http://www.clarabow.net/videosforsale/videosforsaleeu.html I have
        lots of other stuff there as well - available on both VHS and DVD.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
            That's great, Olive! Please tell us how the telecast went.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
              nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > That's great, Olive! Please tell us how the telecast went.
              >
              > -Dario.

              Sadly I live on the east coast and I only have basic cable - no pay
              TV channels so if anyone on the west coast would be so kind as
              to record that and send me a copy in tape or DVD I would run off
              a DVD of my Lousie Brooks stuff..
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
                Did ANYONE ever get a recording of that? I'd still like to get a
                copy...