Re: Diary of a Lost Girl

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
      No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
      Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
      <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
      play
      > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1 (US/Canada)
      > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
      Louise!

      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Stuart
    • Meredith Lawrence
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
        It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region

        Cheers

        Meredith

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2004
          Oh good! As long as your DVD player has that capability.

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Lawrence
          <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
          > It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Meredith
          >
          > stuartgroups wrote:
          >

          > >Hi all,
          > >
          > >Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
          play
          > >on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1 (US/Canada)
          > >but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
          Louise!

          > >Many thanks,
          > >
          > >Stuart
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • stuartgroups
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
            Thanks all,

            Well it looks like I'm going to need to get a multi-region DVD
            player as I can't face waiting for a UK version to come out! Will I
            need to make sure that my TV is compatible too? I've heard about
            NTSC and PAL but couldn't tell you much about either.

            Cheers,

            Stuart

            > Oh good! As long as your DVD player has that capability.
            >
            > -Dario.
            >

            > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith
            Lawrence
            > <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
            > > It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region
            > >
            > > Cheers
            > >
            > > Meredith
            > >
            > > stuartgroups wrote:
            > >

            > > >Hi all,
            > > >
            > > >Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
            > play
            > > >on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
            (US/Canada)
            > > >but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
            > Louise!
            > > >
            > > >Many thanks,
            > > >
            > > >Stuart
            > > >

            > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • quadrophen1970
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 18, 2004
              Hello everyone,

              I am new in this forum.

              I have found a few weeks ago a DVD collection with 3 movies with
              Louise Brooks from amazon.fr with RegCode 2:

              Loulou (Pandora's Box)
              Journal d'une fille perdue (Diary of a Lost Girl)
              Prix de beauté

              Great collection!

              > No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
              > Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.
              >
              > -Dario.
              >

              > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
              > <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:
              > >

              > > Hi all,
              > >
              > > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
              > play
              > > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
              (US/Canada)
              > > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
              > Louise!
              > >
              > > Many thanks,
              > >
              > > Stuart
            • Perri Lee Leuthard
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2004
                Okay here goes:: I live in america with ntsc equipment but I was desperate to see Pandoras Box on DVD and purchased it anyway. After the attempt this is what I found out. On PC's the DVD drives can be changed to play the PAL format and switched back. On the PC digital monitor it does not matter. I know some DVD players will play all regions but the problem is with the television sets which are ntsc format unless you have on that will switch. The same data goes for region 0 which may come in the PAL format. I hope this clears some of the confusion up. Perri Lee

                quadrophen1970 <Bautabelle@...> wrote:

                Hello everyone,

                I am new in this forum.

                I have found a few weeks ago a DVD collection with 3 movies with
                Louise Brooks from amazon.fr with RegCode 2:

                Loulou (Pandora's Box)
                Journal d'une fille perdue (Diary of a Lost Girl)
                Prix de beaut�

                Great collection!

                > No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
                > Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.
                >
                > -Dario.
                >

                > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
                > <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
                > play
                > > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
                (US/Canada)
                > > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
                > Louise!
                > >
                > > Many thanks,
                > >
                > > Stuart

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Perri Lee Leuthard

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 19, 2004
                  Welcome aboard! Kino On Video has the newly restored version of
                  DIARY OF A LOST GIRL(1929), that must be seen to be believed. You'll
                  love it!

                  -Dario.

                  --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "quadrophen1970"