Diary of a Lost Girl

  • stuartgroups
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hi all,

      Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will play
      on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1 (US/Canada)
      but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely Louise!

      Many thanks,

      Stuart
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
        No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
        Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
        <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
        play
        > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1 (US/Canada)
        > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
        Louise!

        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Stuart
      • Meredith Lawrence
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
          It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region

          Cheers

          Meredith

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2004
            Oh good! As long as your DVD player has that capability.

            -Dario.

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Lawrence
            <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
            > It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Meredith
            >
            > stuartgroups wrote:
            >

            > >Hi all,
            > >
            > >Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
            play
            > >on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1 (US/Canada)
            > >but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
            Louise!

            > >Many thanks,
            > >
            > >Stuart
            > >

            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • stuartgroups
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
              Thanks all,

              Well it looks like I'm going to need to get a multi-region DVD
              player as I can't face waiting for a UK version to come out! Will I
              need to make sure that my TV is compatible too? I've heard about
              NTSC and PAL but couldn't tell you much about either.

              Cheers,

              Stuart

              > Oh good! As long as your DVD player has that capability.
              >
              > -Dario.
              >

              > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith
              Lawrence
              > <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
              > > It plays on mine, but then mine is multi-region
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > >
              > > Meredith
              > >
              > > stuartgroups wrote:
              > >

              > > >Hi all,
              > > >
              > > >Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
              > play
              > > >on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
              (US/Canada)
              > > >but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
              > Louise!
              > > >
              > > >Many thanks,
              > > >
              > > >Stuart
              > > >

              > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • quadrophen1970
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2004
                Hello everyone,

                I am new in this forum.

                I have found a few weeks ago a DVD collection with 3 movies with
                Louise Brooks from amazon.fr with RegCode 2:

                Loulou (Pandora's Box)
                Journal d'une fille perdue (Diary of a Lost Girl)
                Prix de beauté

                Great collection!

                > No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
                > Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.
                >
                > -Dario.
                >

                > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
                > <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
                > play
                > > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
                (US/Canada)
                > > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
                > Louise!
                > >
                > > Many thanks,
                > >
                > > Stuart
              • Perri Lee Leuthard
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2004
                  Okay here goes:: I live in america with ntsc equipment but I was desperate to see Pandoras Box on DVD and purchased it anyway. After the attempt this is what I found out. On PC's the DVD drives can be changed to play the PAL format and switched back. On the PC digital monitor it does not matter. I know some DVD players will play all regions but the problem is with the television sets which are ntsc format unless you have on that will switch. The same data goes for region 0 which may come in the PAL format. I hope this clears some of the confusion up. Perri Lee

                  quadrophen1970 <Bautabelle@...> wrote:

                  Hello everyone,

                  I am new in this forum.

                  I have found a few weeks ago a DVD collection with 3 movies with
                  Louise Brooks from amazon.fr with RegCode 2:

                  Loulou (Pandora's Box)
                  Journal d'une fille perdue (Diary of a Lost Girl)
                  Prix de beaut�

                  Great collection!

                  > No. The DIARY DVD will only play on U.S. DVD players only. Maybe
                  > Canadian as well. But certainly not British DVD players.
                  >
                  > -Dario.
                  >

                  > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "stuartgroups"
                  > <stuartgroups@h...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Hi all,
                  > >
                  > > Can anyone tell me if the Kino DVD of Diary of a Lost Girl will
                  > play
                  > > on UK DVD players? I know it's supposed to be Region 1
                  (US/Canada)
                  > > but if it isn't then maybe I'll get to see more of the lovely
                  > Louise!
                  > >
                  > > Many thanks,
                  > >
                  > > Stuart

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Perri Lee Leuthard

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 19, 2004
                    Welcome aboard! Kino On Video has the newly restored version of
                    DIARY OF A LOST GIRL(1929), that must be seen to be believed. You'll
                    love it!

                    -Dario.

                    --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "quadrophen1970"